shape
carat
color
clarity

Green in ASET -> Tint?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
If I understand it the green in an ASET image is from low angle light, ie: ambient and reflections from walls and such. So, if the walls are tinted or painted a non-neutral color does that mean a stone with lots of green in the ASET is going to show more tint (from the environment, not internal color) than a stone with less green? (Is it detectable by human eyes?)

Obviously it depends on the lighting environment, but lets assume overheard lights and a white ceiling.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 7:47:02 PM
Author:rjdodd
If I understand it the green in an ASET image is from low angle light, ie: ambient and reflections from walls and such. So, if the walls are tinted or painted a non-neutral color does that mean a stone with lots of green in the ASET is going to show more tint (from the environment, not internal color) than a stone with less green? (Is it detectable by human eyes?)

Obviously it depends on the lighting environment, but lets assume overheard lights and a white ceiling.
YES it is detectable and I *love* it myself. I''m not too keen on having all the angles in my diamond tuned to straight out face up... I rather like them pulling in light from other areas and sending it off in other directions. I had someone tell me my stone looked like argyle socks and kaleidoscope. It doesn''t just reflect that color, it morphs it, combines it, and even refracts it before sending it back out. I personally think this is underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results