shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heidi Ho Jo

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My father gave me a beautiful ring with a green diamond. The diamond is no where near as green as an emerald but is lovely to look at. He said it is about 1 1/2 carats and to the VERY unexperienced eye, looks like a beautiful cut.

My question is are green diamonds less valuable than regular diamonds?

Thanks!:wavey:

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, it depends on how green, which we can't tell from words. If it is truly a Natural Fancy Green diamond it is worth a little more than the colorless diamond. If it is treated for color or if it is just a very light hint of green (not being a true fancy color) then it is worth a fair amount less.

You need it to be evaluated by an appraiser who has a good background of fancy colored diamonds.

Heidi Ho Jo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Steve....

FYI it is a prominent green color- not milky or anything. I had no idea it was a diamond at first, thought it was a lighter colored emerald (how badly does my ignorance show????). Does that make the color any more clear to you or just more confusing??

THANK YOU again for the info!

Heidi

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Heidi I understand your eagerness to know, but we can't communicate with words to each other exactly what the color is. You think emerald should be one color and I'm sure I think of a different intensity.

Sounds nice but please let someone see it and then you will know. It is worth every penny you pay just to know so that no one in the future lets it go for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results