shape
carat
color
clarity

Great website for diamond questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niki

Rough_Rock
I found a great website for any questions about diamonds. It gives great information on cut, which I think is very important. It also has something called PriceFinder where you can put in all the information about a diamond you are looking at and it will tell you what it is worth.

www.diamondhelpers.com

love.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tell you what it's worth without seeing it? That's interesting. I could use a crystal ball like that.
2.gif

Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ah yes diamond helpers. A good service but while seemingly being unbiased they are in a sense biased as they will only refer sites or stores that pay them a considerable commission for each sale referred through them We don't have enough markup in our diamonds to pay thier commission which is why we're not on there. We were listed on there for a short time but once we saw how much of our profit they wanted on each sale it wasn't worth it for us to remain there.

The owner of the site is a nice guy and he does have good "testing" procedures, just couldn't afford him. Just keep in mind that referrals are forwarded to those who pay the webmaster which takes some of the objectivity out of it. IMO if a website is going to teach and make referrals it should be done so in a purely unbiased fashion and if a site or service is good they should be able to be referred without having to cough up a major chunk in profit.

This is the beauty of a board like pricescope. You can get all that info plus a whole lot more right here.

PRICESCOPE RULES.
1.gif

My .02c.

Rhino

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
That site and diamondreview.com (they seem to be the same) were the first sites I found and used in my diamond education. A lot of great start up information on there, but Rhino is right, they only recommend a select few (1 or 2) dealers when you sign up for their "find a local jeweler." That turned me off and I eventually found this site. Hands down, the most informative.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results