shape
carat
color
clarity

Great stones in crappy settings....

dmakeupd

Rough_Rock
Ok guys back when I was younger I received and bought some rings and ear rings which had real gemstones in them but the remainder of the piece was set with crappy gold plating and silver plating and cz's. So anyways any suggestions on what to do with the actual good stuff like reset?

here are some pics fr ideas 2011-05-02%2019.27.09.jpg
this ring has a genuine aquamarine gemstone. now its set in crappy 14K gold plating and surrounded by cz' :rolleyes:

next is some ear rings I bought while on vaction they have genuine amethysts but are set with gold plating and cz's as well
2011-05-02%2019.28.18.jpg

and finally a ring given to me to match my grad dress. It a genuine Amethysts gemstone set in silver (im guessing plated but it does have a .925 stamp) which btw corroded :evil:
and surrounded by cz's of course blah.

2011-05-02%2019.29.03.jpg

so any suggestions?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Take a look at some of the vendors on Etsy. You might get some ideas there. Heart of Water there has lovely designs. Jill Anish is another; Michael E. at Gemshoppe. Do you have a budget in mind? Kind of metal? Side stones or pave?

The amethyst on the bottom looks like a nice stone -- and the 925 stamp means the setting is sterling. If you polish it, it will look nice. I also like the cabochons, although from your pic it's hard to tell about their color, if it's real dark or lighter. Heart of Water has great settings for cabs.

--- Laurie

dmakeupd

Rough_Rock
thanks for the post ill defiantly check that out! I'm also gonna check out the local jewelers to see what options they can offer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results