shape
carat
color
clarity

Great quality living and dining room furniture in NC...where to look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there are a few other NC residents here, and I''m looking for their help please.

My husband and I are looking for a nice but decently priced dining room table and chairs for our new condo. We''re also looking for a new sofa and love seat -- something comfy and durable (nicely made) and at a great price. Where would you recommend we look? Right now, the only place for us (and guests) to sit is on our one sofa. We had two sofas at our old place but we threw one out when we moved. We don''t have any tables to eat at -- right now, we''re looking at using the coffee table and tray tables. It''s not very inviting I''m afraid, and we''d love to have people over. We don''t have a budget in mind yet but we''d like to start looking to get an idea of what we might expect to spend.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
1.gif

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 3:54:03 PM
Author:ZoeBartlett
I know there are a few other NC residents here, and I''m looking for their help please.

My husband and I are looking for a nice but decently priced dining room table and chairs for our new condo. We''re also looking for a new sofa and love seat -- something comfy and durable (nicely made) and at a great price. Where would you recommend we look? Right now, the only place for us (and guests) to sit is on our one sofa. We had two sofas at our old place but we threw one out when we moved. We don''t have any tables to eat at -- right now, we''re looking at using the coffee table and tray tables. It''s not very inviting I''m afraid, and we''d love to have people over. We don''t have a budget in mind yet but we''d like to start looking to get an idea of what we might expect to spend.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
1.gif
Hi Zoe, We always purchase our furniture in High Point or Hickory. You can get top quality furniture for a fraction of retail price. Good Luck!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions Heb! I''ll look into them.

Lillers

Rough_Rock
Hi Zoe! I live really close to High Point, and it is a great place to look for furniture. Just watch out, because a lot of the places sell actual designer furniture (Furnitureland South, for example). So when you go in, a bed that is normally $25,000 will be "on sale" for $10,000.
I looked at a ton of places when I moved here, and I ended up getting my furniture at good old JC Penney. A microfiber sofa, loveseat and overstuffed chair for $899. My parents still use their classic sofa from when they got married almost 30 years ago, and it was from Penney''s, so I can only hope they still make furniture of the same quality!
I can''t wait to see pics of what you buy! Hope that helps.
1.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I don''t live in NC but purchased our bedroom furniture from Holton Funiture in NC (ordered over the phone) and saved a ton of money). We got Thomasville and Bernhardt pieces for a huge savings.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:02:22 PM
Author: atroop711
I don''t live in NC but purchased our bedroom furniture from Holton Funiture in NC (ordered over the phone) and saved a ton of money). We got Thomasville and Bernhardt pieces for a huge savings.
I don''t live down south either, but I purchased my master bedroom and guest bedroom furniture through Boyle''s in North Carolina. My two sets were from Lexington, but they can get almost anything from any manufacturer. They were really great to do business with. I saved 40% off of the price of the furniture, didn''t pay any sales tax and they offered free delivery at the time. I also got twelve months interest free financing. (You have to check the deal going on when you''re ready to buy). My girlfriend tipped me off to this. She vacations down south a lot and has been to Boyle''s many times.

What you do is you shop locally for whatever you need. Choose exactly what you want. Write down all of your style numbers, exact sizes etc. Then call the sellers down in NC for price quotes and you can use one against the other to get a better deal. My bedroom set was $11,000. and I paid $5900. with no tax and free delivery (which saved me $1200. right there).

If you call Boyle''s, ask for Christi. She was very pleasant to work with.

http://www.boyles.com/
http://www.furniturelandsouth.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results