shape
carat
color
clarity

Great News For Dems: New RNC Chair Thinks GOP Is Fine Just The Way It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:46:43 AM
Author: EBree
Date: 2/2/2009 9:44:25 AM

Author: tradergirl

What you should be asking is how low can HE go? President studly pecs making fun of Jessica Simpson's weight gain

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/02/classy-obama-jokes-about-jessica.html

Oh please. I watched this interview when it aired and he did no such thing. He just read the text above the photo, and his 'yeah, oh well' comment after was clearly related to being cut off of the front of the magazine.

I don't use this face much, but:
20.gif

Agree with Ebree 100%! He VERY CLEARLY wasn't making fun of her -- he was just reading the headline as it appeared on the magazine, nothing more. If anyone was making fun of anyone, Matt Lauer was poking fun at a magazine (and culture) that would replace the President's picture with one of Jessica Simpson. It's ridiculous this is even a story!

As for his "people think I'm cool" comment, if you watch the interview, he was clearly using cool to mean composed and in control (i.e. cool as a cucumber), not the cool that means "I'm so awesome".

Starsapphire -- I can't imagine you truly believe the liberal agenda to be as you've described, but, in case you're not 100% kidding, you might want to do some reading. Your post is insulting and inflammatory and I don't imagine you would take too kindly to having your position so hideously misrepresented.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:44:25 AM
What you should be asking is how low can HE go? President studly pecs making fun of Jessica Simpson''s weight gain

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/02/classy-obama-jokes-about-jessica.html
I dread the day that Obama ultimately does make a major misstep - which will happen because he is a human being and not the "Messiah" as some of the conservatives seem to think.

However, this was not that day. This is the most trumped up piece of drivel that I believe I have seen yet.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:19:11 PM
Author: starsapphire
Yeah, I think that we should just let anyone that wants to come here and live, just come on in. I think that no one should have to get a green card or even become a citizen. I also think that anyone that wants one should have a driver''s license, and, should be able to vote. I don''t think it''s a big deal for govt officials to pay their taxes. I think that people should not have to wear clothes in public places, and that anyone should be able to cuss in public, and drink and smoke anywhere they want. Shoot up, smoke pot, have group sex, don''t worry about how many abortions they have, or if you marry your dog or cat. Why the frick not????? Men having sex with young girls and boys, having babies with them, people practicing bestiality, terroritst blowing up things cause they were released into our country from Gitmo. Basically, anyone is able to do whatever they want and no one can say d*ck about it. Is that Liberal enough for you?
This is an extremely offensive post. Not to mention sad.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 6:25:56 PM
Author: Rank Amateur
Great thread. Should be a ''best of Pricescope'' top ten. Leonid must so proud.

What do you expect after someone deliberately insulted people who are "liberal" in any shape or form?
Cause and effect.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, of course nothing like Bush Derangement Syndrome where the man could do nothing right.

Anyone here who was a Wall Street employee, realtor, mortgage broker, jeweler etc. benefitted mightily from the past several years.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 2:33:54 PM
Oh yeah, of course nothing like Bush Derangement Syndrome where the man could do nothing right.

Anyone here who was a Wall Street employee, realtor, mortgage broker, jeweler etc. benefitted mightily from the past several years.
Or at least had the illusion of benefitting until reality set in.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think that we should just let anyone that wants to come here and live, just come on in. I think that no one should have to get a green card or even become a citizen. I also think that anyone that wants one should have a driver's license, and, should be able to vote. I don't think it's a big deal for govt officials to pay their taxes. I think that people should not have to wear clothes in public places, and that anyone should be able to cuss in public, and drink and smoke anywhere they want. Shoot up, smoke pot, have group sex, don't worry about how many abortions they have, or if you marry your dog or cat. Why the frick not????? Men having sex with young girls and boys, having babies with them, people practicing bestiality, terroritst blowing up things cause they were released into our country from Gitmo. Basically, anyone is able to do whatever they want and no one can say d*ck about it. Is that Liberal enough for you?
This is the second time in a number of years that a post kept me up at night. Star, I usually quietly lurk these threads because they are angry and circular and don't meet the needs of most of us who may want to discuss or debate or hear about political issues of the day (and various interpretations thereof) but do not have the heart or stomach for the constant shoot-and-duck tactics of some posters, or the vitriol of others. However, this is honestly the worst thing -- the least thing -- I have ever read on PS.

I was raised to speak up. I am speaking up. I may be the sole voice here, but I have no problems standing alone.

I literally wept over this last night...then I wept for you. Your post came across as so angry, so flailing, so full of pathos and ignorance. I can only think you were terribly hurt by someone who you identify as a liberal. Any other explanation makes no sense to me.

I'm sorry.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 3:23:44 PM
Author: jas

Yeah, I think that we should just let anyone that wants to come here and live, just come on in. I think that no one should have to get a green card or even become a citizen. I also think that anyone that wants one should have a driver's license, and, should be able to vote. I don't think it's a big deal for govt officials to pay their taxes. I think that people should not have to wear clothes in public places, and that anyone should be able to cuss in public, and drink and smoke anywhere they want. Shoot up, smoke pot, have group sex, don't worry about how many abortions they have, or if you marry your dog or cat. Why the frick not????? Men having sex with young girls and boys, having babies with them, people practicing bestiality, terroritst blowing up things cause they were released into our country from Gitmo. Basically, anyone is able to do whatever they want and no one can say d*ck about it. Is that Liberal enough for you?
This is the second time in a number of years that a post kept me up at night. Star, I usually quietly lurk these threads because they are angry and circular and don't meet the needs of most of us who may want to discuss or debate or hear about political issues of the day (and various interpretations thereof) but do not have the heart or stomach for the constant shoot-and-duck tactics of some posters, or the vitriol of others. However, this is honestly the worst thing -- the least thing -- I have ever read on PS.

I was raised to speak up. I am speaking up. I may be the sole voice here, but I have no problems standing alone.

I literally wept over this last night...then I wept for you. Your post came across as so angry, so flailing, so full of pathos and ignorance. I can only think you were terribly hurt by someone who you identify as a liberal. Any other explanation makes no sense to me.

I'm sorry.
jas, you are certainly not alone. There are a small number of posters, such as star, who have been gratuitously provocative and/or offensive in their posts. It is sad to see that they will stop at nothing to demonstrate their ill will, while adding little or nothing of substance. Discussion with them appears to be useless
38.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Plenty of people cashed and ran and I don''t recall reading any complaining from any of the aforementioned while things were good and the money was flowing. I have seen plenty of it right here on Pricescope.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, I think that we should just let anyone that wants to come here and live, just come on in. I think that no one should have to get a green card or even become a citizen. I also think that anyone that wants one should have a driver''s license, and, should be able to vote. I don''t think it''s a big deal for govt officials to pay their taxes. I think that people should not have to wear clothes in public places, and that anyone should be able to cuss in public, and drink and smoke anywhere they want. Shoot up, smoke pot, have group sex, don''t worry about how many abortions they have, or if you marry your dog or cat. Why the frick not????? Men having sex with young girls and boys, having babies with them, people practicing bestiality, terroritst blowing up things cause they were released into our country from Gitmo. Basically, anyone is able to do whatever they want and no one can say d*ck about it. Is that Liberal enough for you?

This is the second time in a number of years that a post kept me up at night. Star, I usually quietly lurk these threads because they are angry and circular and don''t meet the needs of most of us who may want to discuss or debate or hear about political issues of the day (and various interpretations thereof) but do not have the heart or stomach for the constant shoot-and-duck tactics of some posters, or the vitriol of others. However, this is honestly the worst thing -- the least thing -- I have ever read on PS.

I''m sorry.

I''m really sorry if this hurts your feelings and I promise it is not a personal attack against you, but you really wept about what Star said? I hate to use a line others have thrown at me and others who felt personally attacked in the past, but if you''re crying about PS it''s probably time to stop lurking in ATW because I can assure you I''ve been frustrated but I have surely never cried about PS. Okay, she snapped/overreacted a bit (sorry Star this is true); however, I can understand 100% why she did because this board is not welcoming for right-leaning folks AT ALL and that is why I don''t post anymore. I read Star''s post as a greatly exaggerated joke about the liberal view. Was it out of line? Yes, but I understand 100% why she was driven to write it because I''ve felt just as frustrated. I am not making any excuses for her because I believe you can understand someone''s position or frustration without excusing their actions. I really do not believe she thinks that liberals support bestiality for example (I of course don''t believe that either). And anyone that tries to respond to me about this or even attack me (wouldn''t be surprising), I''m not going to argue with you. So have fun picking apart my post.
2.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:43:32 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

I''m really sorry if this hurts your feelings and I promise it is not a personal attack against you, but you really wept about what Star said? I hate to use a line others have thrown at me and others who felt personally attacked in the past, but if you''re crying about PS it''s probably time to stop lurking in ATW because I can assure you I''ve been frustrated but I have surely never cried about PS. Okay, she snapped/overreacted a bit (sorry Star this is true); however, I can understand 100% why she did because this board is not welcoming for right-leaning folks AT ALL and that is why I don''t post anymore. I read Star''s post as a greatly exaggerated joke about the liberal view. Was it out of line? Yes, but I understand 100% why she was driven to write it because I''ve felt just as frustrated. I am not making any excuses for her because I believe you can understand someone''s position or frustration without excusing their actions. I really do not believe she thinks that liberals support bestiality for example (I of course don''t believe that either). And anyone that tries to respond to me about this or even attack me (wouldn''t be surprising), I''m not going to argue with you. So have fun picking apart my post.
2.gif

I am not responding to attack or argue with you. I simply want to suggest that perhaps there are kinder ways to make someone feel better than tell them to stop lurking.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:50:35 PM
Author: zhuzhu

I'm really sorry if this hurts your feelings and I promise it is not a personal attack against you, but you really wept about what Star said? I hate to use a line others have thrown at me and others who felt personally attacked in the past, but if you're crying about PS it's probably time to stop lurking in ATW because I can assure you I've been frustrated but I have surely never cried about PS. Okay, she snapped/overreacted a bit (sorry Star this is true); however, I can understand 100% why she did because this board is not welcoming for right-leaning folks AT ALL and that is why I don't post anymore. I read Star's post as a greatly exaggerated joke about the liberal view. Was it out of line? Yes, but I understand 100% why she was driven to write it because I've felt just as frustrated. I am not making any excuses for her because I believe you can understand someone's position or frustration without excusing their actions. I really do not believe she thinks that liberals support bestiality for example (I of course don't believe that either). And anyone that tries to respond to me about this or even attack me (wouldn't be surprising), I'm not going to argue with you. So have fun picking apart my post.
2.gif

I am not responding to attack or argue with you. I simply want to suggest that perhaps there are kinder ways to make someone feel better than tell them to stop lurking.

Well I'm not trying to be rude, as I said. I am just concerned for Jas is PS is making him/her cry. That's definitely not a healthy thing.

ETA: I am not arguing, but thought I should clarify if my post is coming off in a way I did not intend it.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:57:40 PM

I'm really sorry if this hurts your feelings and I promise it is not a personal attack against you, but you really wept about what Star said? I hate to use a line others have thrown at me and others who felt personally attacked in the past, but if you're crying about PS it's probably time to stop lurking in ATW because I can assure you I've been frustrated but I have surely never cried about PS. Okay, she snapped/overreacted a bit (sorry Star this is true); however, I can understand 100% why she did because this board is not welcoming for right-leaning folks AT ALL and that is why I don't post anymore. I read Star's post as a greatly exaggerated joke about the liberal view. Was it out of line? Yes, but I understand 100% why she was driven to write it because I've felt just as frustrated. I am not making any excuses for her because I believe you can understand someone's position or frustration without excusing their actions. I really do not believe she thinks that liberals support bestiality for example (I of course don't believe that either). And anyone that tries to respond to me about this or even attack me (wouldn't be surprising), I'm not going to argue with you. So have fun picking apart my post.
2.gif

Well I'm not trying to be rude, as I said. I am just concerned for Jas is PS is making him/her cry. That's definitely not a healthy thing.

ETA: I am not arguing, but thought I should clarify if my post is coming off in a way I did not intend it.
I'm a she. I'm a she with 2 5-month old babies. I'm tired. I cry at mean things.
I cried because I am so frustrated with PS. It is not my haven anymore.
Please don't generalize. I am perfectly healthy, physically and emotionally (ya know, minus the whole sleep deprivation thing).

But good advice. I think PS has done it's time in my life and I need to move on to shinier, happier places.

I will miss it, but yeah, I believe in the toxicity of words.

Best of luck to all of you (sincerely). I'm off to happier arenas.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:34:14 PM
I think PS has done it's time in my life and I need to move on to shinier, happier places. I will miss it, but yeah, I believe in the toxicity of words. Best of luck to all of you (sincerely). I'm off to happier arenas.
Blerg. Please don't let one post (arguably one of the *most offensive* in PS history IMHO) ruin the rest of the forum for ya! There are pockets of horror & ignorance & vitrol everywhere (sadly). I, for one, wish more people would have a big ol' sob fest when confronted with them. THAT would be a different world.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

But good advice. I think PS has done it''s time in my life and I need to move on to shinier, happier places.

Best of luck to all of you (sincerely). I''m off to happier arenas.
jas, don''t go. Just don''t go in here any more. I realize that''s hard to do. I said I wasn''t gonna post in here anymore, and then I did. Because it''s like a bad train wreck, you don''t wanna look, but.....
9.gif

However, as of my last post, I truly swore off posting in here, just lurking from now on. Only now I have to make that from this last post, cuz I didn''t want to go without telling you to stay. An awful lot of people would miss you, me included.
2.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:57:40 PM

2.gif

Well I''m not trying to be rude, as I said. I am just concerned for Jas is PS is making him/her cry. That''s definitely not a healthy thing.

I don''t feel like the board is particularly welcoming either side you lean to. You are likely to get jumped on either way. However, there is getting jumped on, and then there is equating liberalism with bestiality.

I have no idea what is wrong with the poster, but I feel sorry for her. I think she has at least four years of misery ahead.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
Ditto ditto ditto.
I was going to comment on star''s post too but decided against it....but since you went first.....
3.gif

I took it the same way as you. It''s shocking because it''s in one big paragraph. But I''ve been just as insulted by other posters that have said things directly or just implied them (don''t care about the poor or minorities, anti-woman, whatever).
For the MOST part I think we all get along fine. I think you can hang here if you don''t take anything to heart. But I also think sometimes we take for granted that there are many silent lurkers. I think Star''s post was meant to shock a few select regulars in these parts, and that her post was not meant to be taken literally. And I certaintly don''t think she was trying to upset Jas or imply that Jas had these views.

So I hope you''ll stick around Jas, even if not in ATW. I know there are many in FHH who would be devastated if you left.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I''m a she. I''m a she with 2 5-month old babies. I''m tired. I cry at mean things.

I cried because I am so frustrated with PS. It is not my haven anymore.

Please don''t generalize. I am perfectly healthy, physically and emotionally (ya know, minus the whole sleep deprivation thing).

But good advice. I think PS has done it''s time in my life and I need to move on to shinier, happier places.

Best of luck to all of you (sincerely). I''m off to happier arenas.

Hi Jas,

Sorry for not knowing you I don''t think I''ve bumped into you before. I am sure you are perfectly healthy (both physically and emotionally)! And I understand what you mean about the sleep to a degree (although I don''t have the babies to worry about so I am sure it''s 10x worse for you), so I apologize again for any snark that came through. I would really hate to see you leave PS, so please don''t do that. I am just saying from my personal experience, this place specifically (ATW) tends to always be cruel in some way, but that doesn''t mean you should leave all of PS. I personally just avoid ATW often. Anyway, hope you see this before you go.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:10:46 PM
Author: luckystar112

2.gif

Ditto ditto ditto.

I was going to comment on star's post too but decided against it....but since you went first.....
3.gif

I took it the same way as you. It's shocking because it's in one big paragraph. But I've been just as insulted by other posters that have said things directly or just implied them (don't care about the poor or minorities, anti-woman, whatever).

For the MOST part I think we all get along fine. I think you can hang here if you don't take anything to heart. But I also think sometimes we take for granted that there are many silent lurkers. I think Star's post was meant to shock a few select regulars in these parts, and that her post was not meant to be taken literally. And I certaintly don't think she was trying to upset Jas or imply that Jas had these views.

So I hope you'll stick around Jas, even if not in ATW. I know there are many in FHH who would be devastated if you left.

DittoDittoDitto SQUARED

I think some folks (like Star) get frustrated around here because any view they hold which may be unpopular or un-PC is met not with open dialogue, but with a resounding Snark-fest.

I decided many weeks ago that there were a handful of people on this board that I refuse to respond to. I basically decided that to ignore them is more meaningful.

There are plenty of PS'ers left on ATW that are still interested in having an actual conversation without the need to insult or belittle. While I certainly think Star could have expressed her frustration in a calmer and more literate manner, I understand where it comes from. I think other more conservative-leaning people here on ATW probably get it, too. After all, it's not just here on PS that we are met with a level of contempt for our opinions. We are consistently barraged with it on TV, from Hollywood and almost everywhere else in this culture. I know from what I speak...I'm a lone conservative living on the island of Manhattan, no less!

That said, I don't think JAS should go...and I think we could ALL benefit from a zillion milligram chill pill.
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, do what I do...go see the pretty babies. Baaaaaaaaaaabies are puuuuuuuuuuuuuurty.

PS is what you make of it. ATW can be infuriating. I stopped even lurking for awhile because of the "you are smart because you agree with me" stuff I saw from both sides. Very few are interested in dialogue here. Most seem interested in picking apart what others believe.

But if you stay here for a long time, I think all of the above people are generally nice and can be friendly with each other when they stop to take a breath.

Personally, I would advise you to stay away from ATW because I can vouch that the first year of motherhood is a tough one, and yours is at least doubly tough. We''re a bit emotional soft, yanno? Discuss stuff like politics with people you respect and care about. Even the best people in one''s real life can be sneering and condescending when talking about politics...it''s magnified tenfold here where you can''t have a dialogue face to face.

I hope you stay Jas. I''d sure miss Jackson and Logan, but most of all you.
2.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:38:47 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Even the best people in one''s real life can be sneering and condescending when talking about politics...it''s magnified tenfold here where you can''t have a dialogue face to face.

Ditto to all of your post, but I found this part especially true Tgal. I think we could all benefit from these words of wisdom, deep breathing, and of course the aforementioned (beebrisk''s) chill pill.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I would reply with some brilliant anaysis, but I feel a patch of chin hairs that need to be plucked..

Oops, sorry, that was TMI and sooooo off topic.
6.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:45:14 AM
Author: miraclesrule
I would reply with some brilliant anaysis, but I feel a patch of chin hairs that need to be plucked..

6.gif

ROFL!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Breaking news: although Steele is technically the chairman of the GOP, Rush Limbaugh is really in charge...the news just gets better and better for Democrats!
3.gif

link

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:45:14 AM
Author: miraclesrule

6.gif
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 3:40:14 PM
Author: risingsun

This is the second time in a number of years that a post kept me up at night. Star, I usually quietly lurk these threads because they are angry and circular and don''t meet the needs of most of us who may want to discuss or debate or hear about political issues of the day (and various interpretations thereof) but do not have the heart or stomach for the constant shoot-and-duck tactics of some posters, or the vitriol of others. However, this is honestly the worst thing -- the least thing -- I have ever read on PS.

I''m sorry.
jas, you are certainly not alone. There are a small number of posters, such as star, who have been gratuitously provocative and/or offensive in their posts. It is sad to see that they will stop at nothing to demonstrate their ill will, while adding little or nothing of substance. Discussion with them appears to be useless
38.gif
Ditto, here too!

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I think it is hysterical that people actually thought my post was real.
23.gif
It is really sad when people can''t tell what heavy sarcasm is. I was feeling a bit frustrated with the craphole that is coming for this country, and I am tired of certain people, who will be ignored, and will remain nameless, are always slamming people on this board. No, I don''t believe that liberals are into bestiality, etc, puhlease.....
20.gif
I do feel however, that liberals want to take away guns, religion, freedom of speech, tax us to death for their "social programs" IE: the PORKULOUS BILL they are trying to pass now. Yet, they won''t let us smoke, or eat transfats anymore. Let me have my gun, my bible, my smokes and my transfats!!! Don''t regulate my life to death!!!! Don''t flood this country with illegals either!!!! Don''t give them driver''s licenses!!!! Those are just a few things.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:26:40 PM
I think it is hysterical that people actually thought my post was real.
23.gif
It is really sad when people can't tell what heavy sarcasm is. I was feeling a bit frustrated with the craphole that is coming for this country, and I am tired of certain people, who will be ignored, and will remain nameless, are always slamming people on this board. No, I don't believe that liberals are into bestiality, etc, puhlease.....
20.gif
I do feel however, that liberals want to take away guns, religion, freedom of speech, tax us to death for their 'social programs' IE: the PORKULOUS BILL they are trying to pass now. Yet, they won't let us smoke, or eat transfats anymore. Let me have my gun, my bible, my smokes and my transfats!!! Don't regulate my life to death!!!! Don't flood this country with illegals either!!!! Don't give them driver's licenses!!!! Those are just a few things.

Oh, I think we could tell.

9.gif

You've been summoned in who's who, Missy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results