shape
carat
color
clarity

Great jewellers in the GTA (Ontario) to get a diamond set

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
I recently picked out my diamond from Martin Sheffield at USA Certed Diamonds. He helped me pick out a beautiful stone. Now we need it set. He recommended we use Victor. My boyfriend is having an awful time trying to get his help. He has sent him photos and Victor is not listening to what my boyfriend is asking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get my ring set that is fair priced and won't take months to do it?

Help please, I can't wait any longer! :)

Re: Great jewellers in the GTA (Ontario) to get a diamond se

Hi Melissa,
I'm in Toronto myself & i'm afraid I havent anyone to refer you to other than Damiani who has been the only local jeweller I've used. Thats been a good 10yrs ago now so I unfortunately cant give you any perspective on their current reputation. All of my jewelry has been made & set in the U.S.

As for vendors, there are others that will gladly take on your project. While I havent had anything made by her as yet, try Caysie of CVB Inspired Design from Etsy or you can google the name on Facebook as she has a page with a lot of pics. Plus there have been a number of people here who've had rings made by her. She has been very responsive & pleasant. Also try Diamond Zone Jewelery in Chicago. They aren't known for doing a lot of custom work here but the few pieces they've made look to be quite nice & they are quite reasonable as well! Perhaps their turn around time is faster too..you should email them..http://www.diamondzonejewelry.com.. I've never worked with David Klass but there are a lot here that have & are pleased with his work. Leon Mege but he's pricey & in NY so if you intend to have something made & shipped to Buffalo, is most likely easier to buy outside of NY State. Also, James Allen has frequent sales & he's in MD so safe for NY delivery. LOL

Let me know if you have any other questions. There is no PM function on here but perhaps I can still answer your questions. lol

Judy
=)

You know..I just remembered a guy my bff went to in Hamilton. I'll have to find his name & get that to you. My friend said he was really good & was quick. I had looked at the work & he was neat & tidy. My friend is ** extremely** Picky. She told me to go check him out when I need to. I'll go dig up the number. ;-)

Also,

Check out Love Affair Diamonds (Erica) & Jewels By Grace (Grace). They both have preowned settings as well as new ones to choose from. They both have companies they are affiliated with & could order a pre-made setting if there is something you like. Not sure your stone size but Erica has a pre-owned split shank halo on her site that is lovely & worth a look.

Go scan the umpteen pages of "Show my the Bling rings" for ideas & often the author will identify who manufactured their ring. =)

Thanks so much for your suggestions! Will def check them out! :)

DO you want something Custom or do you have the setting already?

My suggestions would be:

Leif Benner - http://www.leifbenner.com/
He's in the distillery district downtown. If you use the search function you should be able you find some of his work on here. He set my FI ring.

Sin Kim - http://www.sinkimjewellery.com/
She made a friend's ring and she has been recommended on here. Her work is good. You can see her work at Made You Look on Queen Street.

18Karat - http://www.18karat.ca/
Got a quote from them which was reasonable. Good Customer Service. Never bought anything but their work looked good.

Also what do you mean by "wont take months"?

My ring took 2 months with Leif, including tracking down some pink diamond melee and him being down a week+ with strep throat. Is two months too long? What would be your acceptable time frame?

ETA - Can you post the picture of the setting you want, people here might be able to point you in the direction of where to get it.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP