shape
carat
color
clarity

GREAT IDEA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I READ A LOT OF POSTS WHERE THE GIRLS WANT TO BE TOTALLY SURPRISED WITH THE PROPSAL...AS I ALWAYS WANTED, BUT WANT A RING THEY LIKE AND WANT THE, WHAT I THINK WILL BE FUN EXPERIANE, OF PICKING OUT THE STONE AND SETTING ETC......

SO I THINK A GREAT IDEA FOR ANY GUYS OUT THERE IS THE FOLLOWING.....

PROPOSE BY GIVING YOUR GIRLFRIEND A RING POP IN HER FAVORITE COLOR AND SAY WE''LL GO LOOKING AT RINGS NOW TOGETHER.

AM I SO CHEESEY OR WHAT?

I WOULD LIKE THIS! AM I THE ONLY ONE? HAHAHA

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think some guys are researching how to buy a diamond and using the diamond they buy in a temporary (aka simple and cheap) setting to propose, and then the couple go setting searching together. The problem with your senario (while very cute!) is that she is going to tell all her family/friends that she got engaged and the next question they will ALL ask is, "where's the ring?". It can take a long time to find the "perfect" ring! Just my humble opinion. :)

bfready

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 7:28:00 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
I think some guys are researching how to buy a diamond and using the diamond they buy in a temporary (aka simple and cheap) setting to propose, and then the couple go setting searching together. The problem with your senario (while very cute!) is that she is going to tell all her family/friends that she got engaged and the next question they will ALL ask is, ''where''s the ring?''. It can take a long time to find the ''perfect'' ring! Just my humble opinion. :)
If the girl is the type who''d enjoy the ring pop engagement, she wouldn''t have any problem replying "I ate it"

My gf would not like the idea, but if yours would, go for it! Her family might thing it''s stupid, but I think many would think it''s sweet that he cared enough to make sure she''s getting just what she wants.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 11:39:39 AM
Author:golden
I READ A LOT OF POSTS WHERE THE GIRLS WANT TO BE TOTALLY SURPRISED WITH THE PROPSAL...AS I ALWAYS WANTED, BUT WANT A RING THEY LIKE AND WANT THE, WHAT I THINK WILL BE FUN EXPERIANE, OF PICKING OUT THE STONE AND SETTING ETC......

PROPOSE BY GIVING YOUR GIRLFRIEND A RING POP IN HER FAVORITE COLOR AND SAY WE''LL GO LOOKING AT RINGS NOW TOGETHER.

AM I SO CHEESEY OR WHAT?

Yeah, just a tad.
9.gif
What about going shopping before hand, to get ideas of styles your girlfriend (and you) really like? You can still surprise her with the completed ring. A real ring. No fruity flavors involved.
1.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
I am a CHICK! My boyfriend is no where near wanting to get engaged, but I always wanted it to be a total surprise- I didn''t want to know about it at all....but then I changed my mind, I want to get a ring I like, and I think the whole experiance at looking at rings would be so fun.

I think if a couple goes looking at rings- there is no surprise, you know it''s coming.

If the family asks to see the ring- just tell them how the proposal went, I think anyone would think it''s sweet. I wouldn''t want to get a ring to start out with, I want a ring that I will have always, I am not the type of person who wants to trade my ring in for our 10 year anni.. OR if someone were to go along with this ring pop idea or something like it...no one has to know yet, you can share with the family once you go and get the ring.

I dont know, maybe there isn''t a way to get the surprise and ring you want AND the run of it all...................

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think its cute...if shes quirky and out going then yea its a great idea...maybe do it in like her favorite candy shop or like an old school one where candy is still sold by the scoop!!! maybe put it in a HUGE box...id love to spend the say shopping for my ring.... i like the idea its cute!! sometimes cheesy works
31.gif

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
My GF would cry if this was how I proposed...they wouldn''t be tears of joy.

She''s traditional and would want something romantic and private. I think she''s right. I think that there are plenty of times for laughs but popping the question isn''t really one of them.

Then again, to each his/her own!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
It all depends on what your girlfriend is like and what you think she''d want.

If I were back in the ''about to be engaged'' crowd, I''d prefer it if my boyfriend proposed to me without a ring, because I''d love to go shopping for the right ring together. I find that side of the engagement very romantic and appealing. BUT, us girls are all different. What suits me wouldn''t suit another. All I know is I''d be worried sick if a boyfriend surprised me with an engagement ring, because I''d love to be part of the selection process.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I think that’s a cute idea. What would your5 girlfriend think? Everyone is different and you know her best. My husband picked the stone and progposed wit ha solitaire and then let me pick the setting. I thought that was perfect for me! But some people are differetn and want to be totally involved.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My FI proposed on Christmas Eve with a beautiful wooden scrabble board. All the letters were gold ingots and he hid the ones spelling out WILL YOU MARRY ME.

On Valentines Day we had an engagement party and I wore a sapphire and diamond eternity placeholder ring.

My tsavorite and diamond e-ring should be ready in about a month and I have had so much fun designing it and working with Wink.

I would have been really disappointed had my FI chosen something on his own - also no way he would have put as much research in as I did.

All my family have always had proposals followed by ring shopping - I think it''s very romantic, the proposal is a huge surprise and the ring is just what you want.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 11:39:39 AM
Author:golden

AM I SO CHEESEY OR WHAT?

I guess i''m cheesy! I like it..i think its sweet!!
3.gif
I still think it would be a surprise propsal and theres a lot of fun in shopping for the ring together. This way she can pick the exact style of ring that she''d love and wear forever!

pelicano

Rough_Rock
Sounds sweet and fun!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Golden-

I don''t think that people are getting that YOU''RE the girl here, and you''re just giving an idea of what you think would be a fun proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results