shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Grandmother''s pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
For Christmas my Mom passed down a pendant that belonged to my great Grandmother. It is composed of yellow, rose and green??? gold. I believe that the stone is an amethyst. The pearls were replaced in the late 90''s by a jeweler who IMHO did a poor job. The original pearls were tiny. I am guessing seed pearls, but were sometime since my childhood. I have the flow and delicacy that is lost with these pearls. Does anyone know of a jeweler in Houston that can competently restore this piece?

PA180123.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Clearer shot.....

PA180125.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Upclose of stone....

PA180129.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
neck shot....

PA180130.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant is definately from the early 20''s, possibly older. She is wearing it in her wedding pic although you can barely see it. This is a scan of a copy of the original pic. It is very obvious that she is wearing this pendant in the original pic. Also you can see that part of the pendant has been lost. In the original pic you can see another piece hanging from the bottom of the pendant.

IMG gran.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ponder, that''s lovely. I agree that smaller pearls, matching the originals more closely, would be better. The entire piece is so intricate!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any info for you, but wanted to say that is lovely and smaller pearls will really bring it back into balance. What a special family piece.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful treasure for you.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
yes i agree that you lovey pendant would look best restored with small seed pearls.The pendant is a style that was very popular in the 1905-1915 time frame.The color purple mixed with pearls and yellow gold was huge in the early 1905- ish jewelry and in some later pieces.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
p/s ...the piece once had a fresh water pearl drop at the end of the pearl and could easily be replaced.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:52:21 AM
Author: jewelerman
p/s ...the piece once had a fresh water pearl drop at the end of the pearl and could easily be replaced.
Beleive it or not. No pearl drop. Although it sounds like a great idea.

In the original wedding photo you can see multiple strands of gold hanging down from the pendant. Kind of like a tassel. I think it makes it look kinda wonky.

I would love to see other pieces like it if you have a specific image in mind.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow what a beautiful treasure you have there!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely design. I agree that smaller pearls would look better.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an absolute treasure you have. Love it. I agree the smaller seed pearls will bring it more in balance. It''s sooo pretty.
30.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a treasure
1.gif
1.gif

It''s lovely, and it''ll be even lovelier restored - can''t wait to see it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You''re very lucky to have inheirited such a lovely pendant.

Aulie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Beautiful pendant! Would love to see it once you get it restored. I think you''re right, it would flow better with smaller pearls.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
What a treasure!!!! Lucky you. I do agree that smaller pearls would look more balanced. But it is so feminine
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results