shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Grandma's rings

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My mother recently visited her mother in California. While she was there, her mother gave her my great grandmother's rings. The wedding ring seems to be a champagne diamond, somewhere around 1/2 ct. You can see all the damage to the girdle from re-setting or years of wear. She also gave her the original setting for the stone, which my mother is going to use as soon as she can find a competent jeweler to re-set it for her. She also gave her another ring, which appears to be an old fashioned illusion ring. Tiny little diamonds, but such a sweet ring! What do you think? What cut do you all think the big one is? To me it appears to be an OEC or a transitional cut, but its hard to tell with the setting and all the damage to it. Its also really dirty, even after many soaks and scrubs. It needs to be professionally cleaned...

dsc03254.jpg

dsc03255.jpg

dsc03256.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Old setting

dsc03263.jpg

dsc03264.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Illusion ring

dsc03257.jpg

dsc03258.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so sweet! How great that she can reset the OEC in the original setting! I honestly would give that stone a little polish and girdle rehab before resetting, personally. I think Brian Gavin and Good Old Gold may do that.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Also, when the settings are spiffed up as well, the rings will look amazing!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I will ask her if she wants to try to have the stone fixed up before resetting it... I would be nervous trying to do anything with it in the condition that its in right now, but that's just me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results