carat
color
clarity

Great grandmas 1920-1940 Tiffany Bracelet, diamond and sapphire

austin95

Rough_Rock
IMG_2227.jpeg
IMG_2235.jpeg
Hi all! I know photos aren’t the best, I grabbed some when we took bracelet out of the safe deposit box to try on without posting in mind. I’m getting married very soon! This is my great grandmas diamond and sapphire Tiffany bracelet. There was some family drama and a blow up that was resolved a little while ago and I’m just now learning about my moms side of the family. I knew my great grandpa was an Irish politician but I didn’t know how influential he was and I’ve just started to really do a deep dive and really learn about my background. I feel like the bracelet is a neat piece of my family history that I get to have with me on my wedding day. That said none of my aunts know exactly when the bracelet was purchased, based on when his political career really got going I would guess 1930-1940 but google searches for similar bracelets are bringing up results for the 1920s. Who knows. Hoping someone has insight on year based on style or something? Apparently my great grandma wore it frequently and wasn’t really gentle with it and as a result the Tiffany stamp is a bit worn but still quite legible. It also has a stamp that reads “irid plat” other than that the bracelet is in fantastic condition. I should probably take it to Tiffany to get the clasp checked out as it’s still the original and while it feels secure the last thing I want is it falling off wedding day. Also any ideas on value? My mom doesn’t have it insured, I’ve convinced her to get it appraised and insured as google has also led me to believe it may have some value, thank you in advance! Regardless of what it’s worth financially it’s priceless sentimentally and I’m quite excited to get to wear it :)

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I found this with a $58,000 asking price, but I can’t find any comparable sold, so so it’s hard to pinpoint what it might be sold for. You could look at a few auction houses to see if they have sold something similar. Very good advice you gave your mother to have it insured.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope. That’s a very interesting family story and a beautiful bracelet. Something “blue“ for your wedding day, how lovely!

Insurance and an appraisal are excellent ideas, as it seems you have a valuable piece of jewellery here.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
IMG_2227.jpeg
IMG_2235.jpeg
Hi all! I know photos aren’t the best, I grabbed some when we took bracelet out of the safe deposit box to try on without posting in mind. I’m getting married very soon! This is my great grandmas diamond and sapphire Tiffany bracelet. There was some family drama and a blow up that was resolved a little while ago and I’m just now learning about my moms side of the family. I knew my great grandpa was an Irish politician but I didn’t know how influential he was and I’ve just started to really do a deep dive and really learn about my background. I feel like the bracelet is a neat piece of my family history that I get to have with me on my wedding day. That said none of my aunts know exactly when the bracelet was purchased, based on when his political career really got going I would guess 1930-1940 but google searches for similar bracelets are bringing up results for the 1920s. Who knows. Hoping someone has insight on year based on style or something? Apparently my great grandma wore it frequently and wasn’t really gentle with it and as a result the Tiffany stamp is a bit worn but still quite legible. It also has a stamp that reads “irid plat” other than that the bracelet is in fantastic condition. I should probably take it to Tiffany to get the clasp checked out as it’s still the original and while it feels secure the last thing I want is it falling off wedding day. Also any ideas on value? My mom doesn’t have it insured, I’ve convinced her to get it appraised and insured as google has also led me to believe it may have some value, thank you in advance! Regardless of what it’s worth financially it’s priceless sentimentally and I’m quite excited to get to wear it :)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! That is a beautiful bracelet and how lucky to have a family heirloom. If you are comfortable doing so, please post an update on who you used to appraise the bracelet. There is a vintage Tiffany brooch that I am considering buying, but it doesn't have any certification/appraisal, so I'm interested to hear how your appraisal experience goes, hopefully you'll find a trusted well informed appraiser.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
its absolutely stunning and what a fabulous piece to wear on your wedding day. Congratulations in advance.
sometimes pieces also have a number on them, if it does that even better news.
id say it’s worth in the tens of thousands, if you get it appraised with the carat weight and sapphire colour and origin fantastic.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! And congratulations!

Rare to see one alternating stone-by-stone like that; most are twos, threes, or fours.

Hard to do much better than $10K for a fine all-original Deco line bracelet in nice shape. Plus, you have the Tiffany and the family provenance. And it looks like your diamonds are a decent size -- many are "illusions" enhanced by sparkly mountings, etc. I can't tell but the sapphires could even be Pailin and unheated. Could easily be worth > $20K.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous and congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bracelet and how fabulous you get to wear it on your wedding day. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results