shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Grandfather's Ring

Gizmo490

Rough_Rock
My mother recently gave me her grandfather's ring. It was completely black when she gave it to me, brass? He died in the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918-19 so it's 100+ years old. Does anyone know anything about? Please don't let it be a racist fraternal order insignia. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 19

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like man bling
and i love grandpa/ grandma jewlery
Are you going to wear it ?
I would if he were my great grandpa
So let me bill this thread for you and see who can help you with info

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My mother recently gave me her grandfather's ring. It was completely black when she gave it to me, brass? He died in the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918-19 so it's 100+ years old. Does anyone know anything about? Please don't let it be a racist fraternal order insignia. Thanks for any help you can give me.

That looks a little like Chinese characters, but I can't quite make out what it says. There's one part that looks like "girl" in the middle.

Gizmo490

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. My daughter, who reads Japanese, thought that it might say something like happy girl. But she wasn't sure.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d also guess Chinese or Japanese characters.

I wouldn’t rule out gold. I’ve seen gold that developed some serious “patina” after sitting in storage for a long time.

it’s a lovely ring, and the characters are truly elegant! I hope you’ll be wearing it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results