shape
carat
color
clarity

Great experience with USA Certed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Perfectdiamond

Rough_Rock

I just bought a beautiful 3ct diamond from Martin at USA Certed. It is GIA SI2-I color, table 56% and depth 62.2%, crown angle 33.5 and parvilion is 41, with excellent and very good symmetry. It cost me $20,122. Martin let me put down a deposit to get the diamond to an appraiser in Chicago to take a look before I decide whether I want to buy. I went to a top appraiser in Chicago. Before knowing what is on the certificate, he gave me an independent appraisal of the diamond. I was told that it is a high S-2 (close to S-1) and the color is either a high I or just made to H. I was so happy when I heard it.

The appraiser gave me an apprising value of $40,000 to $42,125 and told me that it is the amount of money I would expect to spend if I buy from a jewelry store. I asked him whether he knows how much it usually costs to buy a similar diamond online. I was told that the owner of the diamond probably should expect $26,000 to $30,000 based on his appraiser''s guideline (not sure the official name for the book but it has prices for different grades of diamonds). Especially, since it is an ideal cut, it is at the high range. He told me about all this without knowing how much I paid for the diamond. After I told him how much I paid, he was amazed too and told me that I did really well.

Thanks to Martin at USA Certed! He actually recommended me to buy this one over another one that would cost me $25,700 (the other one is a SI1 but both of them are eye-clean). I felt that he was really honest to recommend a cheaper one over a more expensive one. Thanks to everyone on this forum who has given me advice too!

I am going to build the diamond into a setting that looks like the one on the link. After it is done, I will share with everyone.

http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/12800?from_style=1

PD
http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/12800?from_style=1

BB2

Rough_Rock
Just out of curiosity, how did you get a hold of Martin? I''ve submitted emails to that website two or three times that never got answered.

Can''t argue with their prices though, that''s for sure. Nice job on finding your diamond, looks like a winner.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear about your good experience! :)

BB2 -- that''s weird, I''ve been having trouble getting hold of him too. I think he must be really busy this week or something; I''ve been trying to get a stone sent to a local appraiser so I can take a look at it, but haven''t had much success with either phone calls or emails. I haven''t seen any other complaints about Martin being slow to answer on these boards, so I imagine this week must just be crazy for some reason.

Alas for me, really. Now that I''m in a situation where I can afford to get myself something nice, I''m all NOW NOW NOW!! and being ridiculously impatient, even though it''s not for an e-ring or anything and I don''t have any particular excuse for being so darn impatient. It''s just that I''ve been ogling other people''s pretties on PS for so long and now I can finally have one and I want it yesterday. So if I don''t hear back soon I think I''ll just pick up a different lovely, and leave that rock for someone else to give a loving home.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Can''t wait to see pics!
1.gif

Perfectdiamond

Rough_Rock
BB2 and Liane,

I think the site had something wrong. Therefore, if you submitted request from the site, I am not sure how long it takes him to get it. I called him by using the 800 number listed on the site (1-800-252-1476). He picked up. Sometimes, if I can't reach him right away, I will leave him a voicemail and he will get call me back. I think the best way to get hold of him is to leave a voicemail and describe what you are looking for and leave your phone number. I am almost certain that he will call back. That was based on my experience. I hope that you will find what you are looking for soon.

Liane, sometimes, I feel the same that I really really want to get the thing done right now. However, as for diamonds, I think it is worth the time to shop around and make inquiry on all diamonds that you are interested in because they are more expensive than most of other things. You might be able to save a lot of money that way. It is always a risk to spend more if the selection pool to start with is smaller. With that being said, it is good to grab it if you are sure about it is "the one" before it is gone.

PD

WPSon20

Rough_Rock
Great story.

Can I ask... did you paid by credit or by wire?
34.gif

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update.

I ended up buying another stone today. I did pay a little more than I would have through USA Certed, but not that much more, since it was pretty much the same specs and I had the other prices memorized.

Still, Martin''s always been pleasant on the phone and I''m sure he would have been wonderful to do business with. And again, congratulations on your great experience!
1.gif

Perfectdiamond

Rough_Rock
I paid it by wire. I think that USA Certed'' price is based on condition of wire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results