shape
carat
color
clarity

Great experience with James Allen fixed mistake in 48hrs

DB_SD

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to make a post about the excellent customer service experience I had with James Allen for anyone that may have any doubts about buying a loose diamond online.

So my loose diamond arrives and it definitely doesn't look right to me as it looks square and I had ordered a round one. A few hours later I think to check the GIA cert and realize its a not the right GIA# at all. It's a cushion cut diamond of the same carat weight. Of course I'm freaking out a little not having gotten the right diamond. :shock:

At this point its late in the day and I'm on the west Coast. I call the 24 customer service and they apologize and tell me that someone from management will be contacting me first thing tomorrow as its too late on the east coast by that point.

The next day Josh contacts me and apologizes and they pay for the overnight shipping to get the wrong diamond back to them. I contacted them the next day to check on the status and Josh tells me my diamond has been found and that they will overnight it to me.

The next morning the package from JA arrives. When I look inside the correct diamond is in there. :dance: I have the diamond appraised later in the day for insurance purposes and the independent appraiser says everything is correct and that I made a good choice.

-Dave

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I love happy endings! Your experience proves that mistakes happen, but it's how you deal with them that counts. Good job, JA - and you for keeping your cool. :sun:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really glad to hear things went well!!

Sometimes things like this happening are a good reminder that we are only human and that we can all make mistakes. What matters most is how we fix those mistakes and sometimes fixing a mistake in flawless fashion like this is more encouraging to use a vendor than if all had gone smoothly. You know they are honest! :bigsmile:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience. :wavey: That's great that they were able it to work it out so quickly! :appl:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Good to know that James Allen has 24 hour service! Was that a live person, i.e. online chat, who helped you? Or did you have to fill out a form and then someone responded? Just wanted to clarify and find out what the 24 hour service actually provided. Thanks though for all the other details and happy to know everything worked out favorably!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, that's a relief! JA is a great company.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results