shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Experience with DiamondExpert, Gary Dutton from Dutton''s Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I have been very busy lately and miss the Pricescope crowd during the week...
nono.gif
Regina and I are in the middle of getting a new computer, the old one finally bit it..
eek.gif

Well I am sure everyone is aware of my love for Colored Stones and I was looking for a pair of beautifully matched blue sapphires. I emailed Gary Dutton of Dutton's DIamonds(DiamondExpert) and received a return email very shorlty afterwards. Gary and I exchanged a couple emails and after expressing what I was interested in Gary sourced 3 different pair of sapphires for me and had them sent to him for evaluation. When Gary received the sapphires he sent me very detailed photos and an explanation of what pair he would choose and why. Gary was very professional and friendly. After I decided on what pair I liked Gary offered to send both pairs to me to take a look at them before making my purchase. I was already sold however and did not need to do this.

Gary was very friendly and professional and knowledgable in providing as much deailed information and knowledgable input about the purchase. I look forward to doing business with him again!

The above picture is just one of the few setsof pictures Gary sent me with detailed info..
21.gif

When Gary received payment he emailed me and these are going to Richard Homer for another Transformation.. Richard will be adding a little flare to these little buggers but I will have to wait until after the Gem Show..I will keep everyone updated, but just wanted to take time to say THANKS GARY!
wavey.gif

DuttontoJosh.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2004 9:34:31 AM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

Well I am sure everyone is aware of my love for Colored Stones and I was looking for a pair of beautifully matched blue sapphires. ------

Stunning! I am so luck to have them as my Birthstone.

Josh, what type of price range are we looking at? (please PM me if you don't want to discuss here - thanks). Are these natural Sapphires? And, since you are sending to R. Homer - are you have them re-cut? What are the things to look for when searching for two 1/2 carat Sapphires? And how does the mm translate to diamonds (in other words if I wanted to get a sap. that looks like the size of a 1/2c diamond - what size am I looking at?).

Thanks. I will be in the market soon for something very similar & could use your expertise.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Fire & Ice...
wavey.gif

joshtofi.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!
9.gif
appl.gif
Will these flank a diamond?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes
21.gif
A 1.17 D si-1 Hearts & Arrows...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Wowsa!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Josh!! Regina's new ring is going to be gorgeous!!
love.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy!!!

Can you pm the recutting cost?
Iv been really curious as to how much it is.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Sharon, Glad to see you went with the J. Your ring turned out beautiful..
wavey.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Curious, how much carat weight will be lost in the recut?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll let ya know Fire & Ice. It is interesting to create this affect only the pavilion of the stone is recut. Re-cutting and re-girdling of the crown can be done, but in most cases is not necessary unless the stone is out of round.
wavey.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Josh!!!

Gary is a first class act. Glad to hear you're working with someone like him to pick the sapphires to go alongside that beauty. You like mixin it up don't ya?
1.gif

Peace,

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2004 6:14:13 PM Rhino wrote:

Hey Josh!!!

Gary is a first class act. Glad to hear you're working with someone like him to pick the sapphires to go alongside that beauty. You like mixin it up don't ya?
1.gif

Peace,
----------------

By the time he gets done, Rhino, Josh will be able to recommend just about every Quality Gemstone Vendor there is!
9.gif

Thanks much, Josh, for the cut info you sent me! I saved it for future reference.
16.gif

The knowledge that consumers on this Forum possess just boggles the mind. You, Josh, gave me great perspective on the cut intracacies. Giangi has a set of Master Stones and knows cut as well. Mara and ALJDewey both threw in their vast experience and knowledge. Not to mention Brian and Lesley's perspective and input. I feel like it was really a group decision that worked out beautifully.
2.gif

When you compose your notes, put me on the list. I'd like to know about the process you are going through. The more knowledge the better, if you don't mind sharing.
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes PQ! Which also lends credence and credibility to Josh's testimony. He is a dear friend to us here as are you and many of the other people we've come to know through PS. This crowd is, IMHO, #1 which makes this forum the finest there is on the net.

Soap Opera's are almost non-existent
2.gif
and credible help and information is generally always available without sales pitch after sales pitch which is common on other forums.

Peace,

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, Rhino, I wub U 2!!
love.gif

And you are right about the lack of soap operas and politics on PS. There are strong wills and heated debates from time to time, but nothing ever gets out of hand. When all is said and done, there is a healthy level of respect in this Forum.
16.gif

It would be great to buy something from everyone, but some of us don't have the money.
sad.gif
We have KIDS!!
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 2/1/2004 11:27:18 AM pqcollectibles wrote:

Awwww, Rhino, I wub U 2!!
love.gif

And you are right about the lack of soap operas and politics on PS. There are strong wills and heated debates from time to time, but nothing ever gets out of hand. When all is said and done, there is a healthy level of respect in this Forum.
16.gif

It would be great to buy something from everyone, but some of us don't have the money.
sad.gif
We have KIDS!!
9.gif

----------------

LOL!!! So true!!! You can't place a value on friendships PQ. It matters not whether you purchased from us or not.

1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gorgeous! I don't remember anyone talking about this firm, even though I visit the site often to look at the eye candy and to read the article on older stones. Nice to know they're reliable.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
CGN...Beautiful sapphires! And putting them on the side of a D colored diamond will be stunning! (I'm partial to diamond/sapphire rings myself!)
9.gif

Like fire&ice, I'm also curious how sapphires compare to diamonds in terms of diameter per carat. The two sets I had to choose from when I chose mine were a total of 1.35 carats or a total of 1.52 carats. The 1.35 total were 4.5mms each and the 1.52 total were 5.4mms each. I chose the larger set which means my sapphires are about 3/4 carat each and they measure 5.4mms each.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent stones Josh! The finished products should be amazing! I am actually very intrigued, can't wait to see pictures. I have looked at your Homer posts with some interest....maybe in the future I will have to check that out for something for my better half.
2.gif
I was tossing around the idea of a green tourm ring for him for his bday...we'll see.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results