shape
carat
color
clarity

Great experience with Diamond Doctor in Dallas...

mandarinmom9

Rough_Rock
I finally traded in my ring. I didn't get a 10 carat, but I got an 8, that is so much better than what I could've afforded had I gone for that "10". Regardless, I really love online stores such as JA and Bluenile, but not being an expert, I really needed to "see" the diamond. I bought my first ring here (where I live in midwest) and Diamond Doctor was a completely different experience- for the better. The only downfall is that they are so far away and I would prefer to have gone local if I needed any work/cleaning/upkeep done to my diamond... but they really are that great and the inventory is out of this world. Don't know if it's a Dallas thing or what but they have rocks of all sizes and specs and I felt super super comfortable looking at all of them (even the ones out of my price range).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
awesome!

stats? pictures?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pics?

mandarinmom9

Rough_Rock
photo-7_1.jpg

Hmmm, I hope this works? I have a mac to any 'post picture' advise would be great... lol.

Here it is (if you can see it) It is a D in color, 8 cut cushion, Very good cut, and an S2 in clarity. Unfortunately it is graded by EGL but I couldn't find any GIA diamonds I could afford in that range (even after hedging the difference e.g. GIA would be 2 less in color or clarity...) Also, I wanted to stay away from the S range but this is eye clean and the area of the blemishes on the scope are in an excellent location (not interfering with the light). I also traded in a 5.5 carat round brilliant, G color, I1 (not even graded from Shane Co.) and so it is noticeably better to the eye (to me). Regardless I am super super excited! Jewelry is my vice. Not cars. Not clothes. Not shoes or purses... I wanted a big diamond but not too gaudy so originally I was hoping for something with nothing around it... but my heart told me otherwise when I saw this... The setting is what I love the most. It looks so sweet and delicate. 2 (very very small) princess cut diamonds are on the sides and there are 100 (very very very small, lol) delicate round diamonds all the way around and halo ing' the center and sidestones. The wedding band that matches is so beautiful and delicate (and I will wear that alone when I travel or for certain occasions) I also love that the ring is more flat than raised? Fore my last ring scratched my little ones all the time so I never wore it at home...

Regardless, I really recommend Diamond Doctors, even if you just want to look at a wide selection (they have better stones, GIA, than mine). I didn't feel they were too pushy and they immediately worked with us on an offer lower than sticker price without playing the "game". My husband owns a company and has NO patience for the back and forth "car type" game with negotiating cost. They gave me almost all of what I paid for for my trade-in (about 20% less but considering from a different state and company and NOT graded pretty good) and took off about 15% of the sticker price. What I loved is how honest they were. They gave me their input without over selling us. And without slamming other places (which is such a turnoff for me).

Apparently, the owners are from South Africa (they really actually are, their accents and their mother who is so freakin cute was there) and they buy pretty direct from what I understand... It really isn't fair for me to presume other jewelers don't buy as direct but from my experience, a lot of the jewelers who make that blanket claim, I have doubted? I didn't doubt them...

I also called James Allen and really really have to second that I love them! They are as equally sincere! My problem is that I don't know "enough" to not see a cushion in real life... Otherwise I would buy from them. I really like their business model and their online selection!

mandarinmom9

Rough_Rock
Also the depth is 65.3% and table is 53%...

I will post more pics. That was from my eye phone, in bad lighting, sent to my email, and downloaded from there... I will post daylight pics...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Can you say 'BLING!!!!' :love: congrats, I'm so happy that your thrilled. I've never heard of diamond doctors, I'll have to check them out. =)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful ring! You should take more pictures and post them in Show Me The Bling - I bet a ton of people would love to see it! More angles, too, I want to see these "very small" princess stones you mentioned - though I'm sure compared to 8 carats, even a 1.5 ct diamond would look tiny.

Diamond Doctor's prices this year seem better than they did a little over a year ago when I was searching for engagement rings. Weird. I did price comps then and they were way more than PS vendors, but now they're not. I wonder if the rising diamond prices affected them, or if it's because they're no longer doing some of the high-profile advertising they'd been doing the previous year (I haven't seen ANY DD advertising in the past, idk, 8 months? The year before that, I saw it all the time.). They really do have a CRAZY amount of inventory. There are a lot of places in Dallas that do, but Diamond Doctor is among the biggest that I'm aware of. I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience.

8 carats is so big... my fingers are too short to wear that. I'm glad there are people like you with long fingers whose pictures I can look at!

mandarinmom9

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with their prices (not so low that I questioned if they compromised their stones). More than that, I think the owner(s) actually LOVE every piece they buy, and knowing so much about the business (straight from South Africa, third generation diamond dealers) I think that gives them an edge- not just buying what sells but pieces they love... Sure it's subjective but I feel like they know what will look great... They showed me pieces they knew were out of my price range that they loves as well as several pieces less than mine... They just absolutely loved talking about, contrasting, dissecting the diamonds.... I am from midwest so selection here isn't the best (Chicago is good) Lately I've been thru Florida, Scottsdale, online, and Dallas looking at diamonds and online had great prices but everything I found in stores was too $$ or they knocked my existing ring (which Im not doubting wasn't worth what I thought, but I feel it's bad business to purely bad mouth competition the entire sale). At DD, they offered such a great price (a lot lower than sticker) and a great price on trade-in, as much as I wanted to, I didn't even counter offer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results