shape
carat
color
clarity

Great experience - Dirt Cheap Diamonds, SuperbCert / Excel Diamonds, Nancy Stacy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amory

Rough_Rock
I am the first to admit that I wasn't initially comfortable with the idea of handing over a significant amount of cash to people located in Maryland and New York when I was all the way on the West Coast and had never met them and never seen the products they were offering firsthand. I knew that I couldn't get what I was looking for at the mall chain stores and the local jeweler probably wouldn't have enough inventory and information on each individual diamond to satisfy me. But there are at least 4 Tiffany stores within a 100 mile radius of my house, so I figured that the little blue box was probably the way to go. However, after checking out a few stores, I quickly came to the realization that I still wasn't getting the kind of information I wanted and by buying a ring from them, I would probably wind up significantly compromising the size of the ring I would ultimately wind up with.

So how did get comfortable with buying on the internet? Pricescope forums. You guys are great. Here's hoping that this post will help some other clueless dude muster the courage to take the plunge and order online.

Dirt Cheap Diamonds / James Allen (loose 2 1/2 carat round) - I didn't spend a whole lot of time speaking to Jen or Josh since I had taken all of your advice and done my diamond research before I picked a company to buy from. I basically knew what I wanted and spoke to them only to arrange the presale inspection. They were both really cool though and always made me feel like I could have asked as many questions as I wanted to. There was absolutely no pressure at all from them. The diamond they sent to the independent appraiser was exactly as described by them and came with all of the paperwork they promised. Why did I initially pick them over other vendors? There were so many great reviews in these forums (and, oh by the way, they had the best price) that I felt comfortable dealing with them. Would I buy from Dirt Cheap Diamonds / James Allen again? ABSOLUTELY!

SuperbCert / Excel Diamonds (6 prong "classic" solitaire setting) - I spoke to Barry once on the phone (just before I placed my order) and several times over e-mail. The bottom line is that the setting is as authentic and beautiful as SC/ED and those of you with it describe it. It was ready within the timeframe listed on the site (even though I wasn't able to get the actual diamond to Barry until 11 days after I ordered the setting). I know Barry probably thinks I'm crazy, but I e-mailed him 3 times asking whether he could get it to me (on the West Coast) by Saturday from his place in New York after completing the setting on Thursday. I had made reservations and had everything all lined up for Saturday based on his assurance that he could get it there. If the ring didn't show, I was in serious trouble. Did it show up on Saturday as Barry promised? Of course. Would I buy from SuperbCert / Excel Diamonds again? ABSOLUTELY!

Nancy Stacy (appraiser) - I don't exactly live close to Nancy, but after reading her credentials on her site, I figured she had to be one of the best appraisers in the Bay Area (if not California). Even if you live on the peninsula, I recommend taking a little extra travel time to use her. Would I use Nancy Stacy's services again? ABSOLUTELY!

Bottom Line on Internet Engagement Ring Buying
Were there hiccups along the way? Sure, but nothing even coming close to derailing the transaction(s). Given that you aren't standing in the same room as the person you are dealing with, you have to expect a few hiccups. But in the end, I got what you all told me to expect - a great experience and a great ring (that she seems EXTREMELY happy with).

R

ps It goes without saying that don't work for Dirt Cheap Diamonds / James Allen, SuperbCert / Excel Diamonds, Nancy Stacy, or Pricescope and no one asked me or even hinted that I should give them a recommendation.

(just put a blurry pic up on "Show Me the Ring" - more pics later hopefully)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pony up some pix you big tease! 2.5 ct ... wowsa. We want to SEE this eye candy - even if hand shots are on your own hairy mits! I''m just playing - but I would like pix!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl
Did she say yes? what did she think of it?
Pictures?!?!?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you had a wonderful experience all the way around. Congrats on your purchase...so ya got any pics of this beauty?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. But you know, pictures are MANDATORY!! Come on, we''re not very patient!!!
2.gif

Amory

Rough_Rock
If I can figure out how to do it, I''ll post a pic on "Show Me the Ring" in a second. And she said "yes"!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pictures?!?!?

I love Nancy Stacy. We always travel the ~45 min or so to show her our new goodies!!

Congrats on what sounds like a fabulous experience all the way around!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sounds like you did a great job!! congrats to you and your fiancee... and can''t wait to see the bling pics
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results