shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Exeperience with GoodOldGold (Tim/Jonathan)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gontama

Shiny_Rock
My first post at pricescope.com to thank Tim and Jonathan at GoodOldGold -

After learning diamonds here, I have purchased a nice stone from GoodOldGold. It is going to be the center stone of my wife''s engagement ring which, in most cases, would have been given long time back. The stone I purchased is found at http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/3137 Its optical performance is excellent even to my untrained eyes. The stone also scores max on Isee2. This diamond was found to be an Isee2 diamond. As I have read in this forum, an Isee2 stone is indeed very nice. I have seen brands such as H*F or L*K* at local stores which carry significant premium. Each diamond is different of course, but from my experience, I believe diamonds from reputable vendors at pricescope.com match the top performers out there at least, and often outperform them.

I have looked at other 2 ''coloreless'' diamonds from GoodGoldGold at the same time before this one. Every single diamond was nice but was different from each other in some way which one would notice if she/he spends time looking at them in different light conditions. While deciding between the two, this stone was brought up at GOG web site. I decided to visit GoodOldGold and chose this one. G color was no problem.

During that time, Tim @ GOG has been extremely helpful. We have exchanged more than 100 e-mails. Tim promptly responded to each and every question I sent to him such as Bscope result, Isee2 score, and the color grade on the colorimeter of the stone I was interesed in. No pressure for purchase at all. He even brought stones that were not in stock for consideration for me. It was amaging to me given that we are often pressured at local stores without sufficient information on the product they sell. Many of them may not know enough about the diamonds.

Big thanks to Tim for the help.

I''d also like to express my thanks to Jonathan for his postings here and the eudcational tutorial on the GOG site that greatly helped me understand the diamonds. He is the one I met when I visited GOG. It was nice to meet him. He also helped me via e-mails for questions that might not be easily answered. His informatin in this forum made me begin my own investigation on diamonds.

Regarding the BScope that has been discussed here ... I think the result correlates to human observation as Jonathan says. From my experience, it is impossible to distinguish a diamond with 3VH and another with 2VH/1H. And probably impossible to distinguish 3VH abd 1VH/2H too. However, I do not think a diamond with 1VH/2H "outperforms" a diamond with 3VH in direct light conditions. It seems that "human eye" cannot see the difference at that level, not that there are really no difference. What I found is that the 5 light view images do correlate to my observation. One would understand this relation if she/he looks at more than a few stones with different personalities and their Bscope results. If I upgrade my stone in the future, I will look at the Bscope result again which IMO is a very good information.

Thank you all for tremendaous amount of information on diamonds. Knowledge and experience from both professionals and consumers have been of great help to find the diamond. From basic information on crown/pavilion angle combo to the diffeence of personalities lower girdle facets contribute to, there are just so much information I never thought I could gain. I have spent significant amount of time to read posts by Strom, Mara, JulieB, Ellen and many others, as well as those from experts in the industry or labs. Thanks again.

We have not found the ring yet. I will post pictures when done.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous stone you chose!!!! Congratulations! The guys at GOG are wonderful and I am glad they helped you fiind this beautiful stone. I look forward to seeing it set!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Great looking stone and GOG comes through like a CHAMP again!!! Cant wait to see the hand pictures!!!

Congratulations
MWG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, great find and can''t wait to see the finished ring!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great review write up gontama. And what a gorgeous stone, love that size!! Someone is very lucky.
2.gif

I''m glad we could be of help to you. That is one of the reasons I post here, to help give back what I got when I too was researching. And you lucky duck, you actually got to go there!

If you need any help with a setting, don''t hesitate to post, there are many ladies here who know so much about many different types, I''m sure they could help you if you need it.

And please come back when you''re done with the finished product, we love to see the ring completed!

Congrats!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your purchase and a happy ending, please come back with some pics!!!

gontama

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the responses. A picture of the diamond on my watch is attached. It is not so well taken but better than nothing. Hope I will do better when the stone is mounted.

gontama_diamond_1.jpg

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Another zoom up.

gontama_diamond_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results