shape
carat
color
clarity

Great deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
It could be a really bad cut. I wouldn''t pay $100 for a 1ct stone that''s crap.
2.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
The big search db here shows options with those qualities ranging down to $2100, and they show some cert, albeit EGL. Here''s another available today. Just for comparison...

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 10:36:24 AM
Author:jamocha
Anyone have an idea why this ring is only $3,350? I know it's an SI2 and may not be eye clean and the setting is 14K gold, but doesn't that seem awfully low for a 1.01 carat F stone?

http://www.antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1627

You can tell just by looking at it that it sort of looks like an off cut. See how everything doesn't line up right? Also, F to who? It could end up being a G or H. From what I've seen, when it comes to diamonds you typically get what you pay for...or worse. It's rare that you truly get a deal.

blingless

Rough_Rock
You''d need to know more about the stone but I love the ring. Ask if they have a cert for the diamond and post the numbers or run them through the HCA. SI2-I1 are grade levels that could mean almost anything. In my opinion they are severely abused to the point where you absolutely have to see a map and description of any flaws to determine whether the stone is worth owning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results