shape
carat
color
clarity

GREASE: You''re The One That WE Want?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alright IDOL FANS ... anyone *also* watching NBC''s GREASE: You''re The One That We Want? If not: it''s a show where the US audience is picking the leads of the Broadway revival of GREASE.... and it''s down to the top three girls & top three guys.

DANNY

#1 - MAX -- I just love him. He''s a true "John Cusack" type but so so so likeable & talented. He''s not so very tough like Danny Zuko is supposed to be ... but, c''mon, was John Travolta really "butch" after all?

#2 - DEREK -- eh, the "John Stamos" look-a-like ... voice cracks when he sings OFTEN ... but the best physical likeness for Danny. If the audience is unimaginative - he''ll win.

#3 - SHOWGIRL -- ha! I *hate* this guy. I want to punch him in the face REPEATEDLY. No performer on any show ever has inspired such VIOLENT FANTASIES.
3.gif
He''s some soap-opera actor turned touring-off-broadway-show-queen and JAZZ HANDS doesn''t even begin to describe his "style".
29.gif
38.gif
14.gif

SANDY

#1 - BLONDE CHICK THAT LOOKS LIKE MEG RYAN -- tough call, ''cause the #2 chick is probably a better singer & overall performer ... but this girl is "watchable" ... when she''s on camera ... your (my) eyes are always drawn to her. I guess it''s that "it" factor???

#2 - BRUNETTE CHICK -- a brunette Sandy? It could happen. She is very, very, very good. And she''s "sweet" like Sandy - but can show that sultry side too. Also, the best big voice & great acting chops.

#3 - THE OTHER BLOND CHICK -- her only hope is her real life romance with Male front-runner MAX. It could be interesting to see a COUPLE win & play out their romance on the Broadway stage night after night .... but I doubt it will happen. She''s third best *truly* ... big ol'' voice - but annoyingly perky & over-acts & there''s something else I don''t like about her but I can''t quite put my finger on it -- maybe it''s that she stole my TV BOYFRIEND MAX. HA!

Anyone else watching?? Anyone???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I''ve only caught bits and pieces of episodes but am curious as to who will win. One of the blond girl''s still left lives here in nashville and there are posters and signs up at various places (i.e grocery stores) to call and vote.

I''ll have to remember to watch next week and check it out...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i tried watching it but.... it just wasn''t working for me
40.gif

i think i know who you mean by ''showgirl'' dude. does he have really prominent features? i don''t know what it is...hollow cheeks maybe? like...his face looked like a caked make up girl to me. anyway...if that guy is still there he was SOOOOO irritating. really. he was one of the main reasons i couldn''t keep watching the show!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 5:38:05 PM
Author: belle
i tried watching it but.... it just wasn''t working for me
40.gif

i think i know who you mean by ''showgirl'' dude. does he have really prominent features? i don''t know what it is...hollow cheeks maybe? like...his face looked like a caked make up girl to me. anyway...if that guy is still there he was SOOOOO irritating. really. he was one of the main reasons i couldn''t keep watching the show!
Are you guys talking about "hot" Danny from Austin? I can''t watch him, he''s too fem looking for my taste. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Max. His looks are definitely unconventional, and he''s not even great looking, but I''ve always been one for geeky, goofy underdogs. Plus, he looks part Asian...I have support my race!

I''m not crazy about any of the remaining Sandies. I really liked Kat, the girl with the awesome voice that could belt out notes that make my skin crawl, but she''s not longer in the running, so I''ve lost all interest.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 5:46:59 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Date: 3/12/2007 5:38:05 PM
Author: belle

Are you guys talking about ''hot'' Danny from Austin? I can''t watch him, he''s too fem looking for my taste.

HAHAHAHA ... I''m so glad you guys loathe "Hot Danny" too!!! BbbbbbLllllllEeeeeeCcccccHhhhhh!
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

This show isn''t nearly as compelling as Idol, even in Idol''s current "meh" season -- BUT ... it does the trick for me in the wasteland of Sunday night TV. And I was always a "Grease" fan (guilty pleasure?) so I''m still watching. And by watching I mean trying not to drive my head through the widescreen tv whilst "Hot Danny" shakes his girly pelvis.
20.gif

Hope MAX wins!!!

(We actually *blush* bought tickets to the Broadway show ... but if Austin wins, we are SO SO SO selling them IMMEDIATELY)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww ... could "Slacker Danny" be any cuter?

greasemax.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And could *this* chick look any more like Meg Ryan?? It''s eerie on the show ... dead ringer!

ashleygrease.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re watching. I originally wanted Derek to win but after the last few weeks I think Max is going to pull it out. He''s doing great. I like dark haired Laura too but for me the women just didn''t seem as strong as the guys. I really like how they handled the voting on this show. I guess if you''ve got as many $$ riding on the outcome then you want some control over the outcome. I wish Idol would do the same until maybe the final 5. At least we wouldn''t be stuck with Sanjaya right now!!!

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
Laura O. and I went to the same H.S. She was a couple years behind me though.

But I''m not a big musicals fan so I haven''t seen a whole episode. We own copies of My Fair Lady and 8 Women, but I think those are different...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results