shape
carat
color
clarity

Gray Spinel Three Stone by DK

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've had this ring for almost a year, and was lazy about making a thread for it... :shifty: DK was super easy to work with (as always), and he got it right on the first CAD! Special thanks to @Niel and @artdecolover71 for putting up with my crazy and helping me thru the whole process!!

I bought the stone preloved (thanks, Niel!!) for a RHR project. It is a 7.5 x 7.0 mm gray spinel with purple undertones with a super cool cut!

**DISCLAIMER** please ignore horrendous manicure -- thanks! :halo:
7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_loose.jpg 7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_loose_tape.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once I decided on three stone, I started looking at setting styles. I knew I wanted bezel with delicate milgrain detail. Once I saw the VC double wire ring, I was in love!
VC Wire Shank.jpg Tight Bezels & Fine Milgrain_DK ring.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some of my [very bad] photo shop efforts... :lol-2:
7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone Mockup.jpg 7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent the VC and DK IG photos, and David was super quick to send back these CADs -- they were EXACTLY what I wanted! He sourced the 3.5 side stones for me as well -- I loved the proportions!
7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone_DK_CAD_COLLAGE.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANNNNDDDDD.... Here's the final ring!! :love:
DK's glamour shots:
7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone_DK_shot_COLLAGE_1.jpg 7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone_DK_shot_COLLAGE_2.jpg 7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone_DK_shot_COLLAGE_3.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three stone is in 14K white gold, size 4.75
Spinel is 7.5 x 7.0 mm
Side diamonds are 3.5 mm

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love three stones with a bezelled coloured stone - gorgeous! I also love the lilac/grey colour of the spinel. Congrats!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked the double wire style so much, I recently had DK make a wedding band in platinum to wear with my CVB Jovyn -- love it! This was the first CAD... the ring was a little wider than I'd hoped, so DK graciously remade a thinner version at 1.8 mm.

CADs
7.5 x 7 mm Grey Spinel_3 Stone_Matching_2_Wire_Band_DK_CAD.jpg

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love three stones with a bezelled coloured stone - gorgeous! I also love the lilac/grey colour of the spinel. Congrats!

Thanks, lissyflo! I'd been wanting a gray spinel, and Niel's was soooo dreamyyy!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO gorgeous! Congratulations!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I frigging love this ring and miss that stone every time I see if lol. I also love how very clean and classic your band looks with your rock.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I frigging love this ring and miss that stone every time I see if lol. I also love how very clean and classic your band looks with your rock.

I love this stone too! And, yes, I'm super happy with my new band -- it's perfect! Thank you!! :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is my favourite colour in the world. A really sweet lilac cornflower blue. The ring is stunning, the band is stunning - I love everything!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is my favourite colour in the world. A really sweet lilac cornflower blue. The ring is stunning, the band is stunning - I love everything!!
Thanks so much, Alex T!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new RHR. And the new wedding band with your Jovyn... :love::love::love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two beautiful rings! I love the three stone and the band looks great with your new ering! The band reminds me a bit of the Tiffany two toned band and it does give the band great depth!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow another beautiful RHR msop04. I have to say I love your taste in jewelry. ALL your rings are gorgeous. How is that sweet baby of your doing?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of that gray spinel is really cool! I also love the side stones paired. It's a great ring! And of course your ering set is just stunning! All I see is big rock. :love:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh gorgeous!! Love the color of the spinel and proportions of that ring!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! I love the color of the spinel as well. That pic with the spinel ring and your e-ring is incredible!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous!! I love it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that spinel was an emerald cut diamond in the first 2 pictures...I was like "Wait, where's the spinel?":mrgreen:

The setting turned out lovely! Good finger coverage and I think the bezel helps to bring out the color nicely. Also
love your new wedding band. The double wire style adds interest to the usual gold band...goes perfect with your ering! Nice choice!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two beautiful rings! I love the three stone and the band looks great with your new ering! The band reminds me a bit of the Tiffany two toned band and it does give the band great depth!

Thanks, MGR! I never thought of the Tiff ring, but it kinda does look like it!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!!! Gorgeous just gorgeous :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow another beautiful RHR msop04. I have to say I love your taste in jewelry. ALL your rings are gorgeous. How is that sweet baby of your doing?

Awww, thank you Callie! She is doing well... running around everywhere! You know I can't resist posting a pic! :halo: She's a rascal! :mrgreen:
Blaire_Easter 2017.JPG

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of that gray spinel is really cool! I also love the side stones paired. It's a great ring! And of course your ering set is just stunning! All I see is big rock. :love:

Thank you!! The color really is amazing!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results