shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandmothers Platinum diamond ring questions please

rvan

Rough_Rock
Hello.
I just received my grandmother's ring from my father. If she was alive today she would be 105. I was 8 when she passed away at 65 but she was my entire world to get this ring means the world to me. With that said, The center stone is nice and clear but her stones surrounding it seem to be turning yellow. Does this happen? Also what do I do to find the RIGHT type of person to care for this ring. Her settings are loose so I won't wear it. There are a total of 13 stones. I also want to know value to protect it with insurance. I'm terrified to just take it to some chain store having no insurance on it. If they lost it, I would never forgive myself.

I do not know the exact age of the ring, but my father knew it was around his whole life as a kid. So he was born in 1948. If this helps.
Thank you

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Has the ring been cleaned yet? The yellowing can be from crud built up in the back. Take the ring to a good jeweler so they can check the prongs, clean it (although you can certainly do this yourself) and resize it to fit you - jewelry should be enjoyed not just kept away!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results