shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandma's Ring

mixer_star

Rough_Rock
I wanted to show you all the ring I just got from my husband's mother. It belonged to his grandmother. I am in love. I only know a few things about it. It's stamped 14k. It has rubies and very small diamonds that looked wonderful after I cleaned them. There is a hallmark of an "8" inside. This shouldn't be the size, it fits my middle finger which is a size 6, unless grandma got it re-sized along the way.

To me it looks to be from the 70s? I'm not sure about that. Anyone else want to take a guess at when it may be from?

Yes, it is missing a ruby. I need to take it to my jeweler to have that replaced.

Anyway, it sure is pretty to look at. I'll see if I can get some better pictures tonight. This ring just makes me want to find a speakeasy and drink champagne from the bottle!

grandma_s_ring_1.jpg

grandma_s_ring.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any useful information for you but just wanted to say that your ring is gorgeous! Please post if you get any more info on the ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely cocktail ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. :love: Haha pass the champagne please and please post more pics when you get the chance! :appl:

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty ring! Yes, more pictures would be great, I'd love to see close ups.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool cocktail ring.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Cocktail ring! As I age, I appreciate the "Cocktail ring" ring era. SO many ostentatious & beautiful designs. I herald the design of the ruby ring. Very gorgeous & a vintage family heirloom at that. :appl: Simply awesome. Congrats at being included in the (vintage) family. :clap:

As I get older ( 49 this year 2015!!!), I've come to really appreciate heirloom & vintage jewelry . Congrats at such a wonderful family tradition. :sun:

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Beautiful right hand ring! Nice rubies!! :love:

MrSolitaire

Rough_Rock
It is a real beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results