shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandmas Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I just thought i would share my grandma engagement ring that i just recieved. I have actually had it for a long time just not ready to wear it. My grandparents were married in the early 40''s. I love having a piece of her with me.

The center stone is small but it sparkles like mad. When i took it in to get sized, the jeweler said it looked like it was about a D VS1, which suprised me and thats why i am so disapointed that the pictures are not better!

well i just thought i would share a little piece of my grandmas past. enjoy! and Merry Christmas!!!!

IMG_0254.JPG

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
lets hope this is smaller and a bit easier to see.

JCIMG_0257.JPG

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
one more and i am sorry that these are not great pics... better get that owners manual out!

jecIMG_0259.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
how wonderful to have such a meaningful piece of jewelry. Is this an engagement ring for you?
I think your pics look great, just try to get some out in the sunlight
31.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks it means alot to me!

No it isnt an engagement ring for me
7.gif

I had it sized for my right hand, although it doesnt seem to want to fit on that finger today and my ring finger is the only one it would go on! Go figure.

Hopefully we will see sun soon, I live in wisconsin and it has been pretty dreary here. with rain.. wheres my snow for christmas!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Beanie,

I think it''s beautiful! A lovely ring, and a lovely sentiment. Your Grandma obviously means a lot to you and it is wonderful that you have her ring.

Lovely!

a

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It is truly beautiful. I hope you enjoy wonderful memories of your grandma every time you wear it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good. I''m glad that you''re going to get to wear her ring! It looks lovely. Maybe you''re blocking the light from the stone. Takes many more photos to get it right. I know it looks even nicer in person. Congrats.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! I''m a sucker for vintage rings.

bradansmom

Rough_Rock
Beanie: Your Grandmother''s ring is beautiful. Both my grandmother and my mother had their rings re-done after their husbands passed away, without even any pictures of what they looked like. Had them turned into a right hand ring. You are very lucky to have that beautiful piece of your past.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the setting, almost like a split shank!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Beanie-what a beautiful ring! You are so lucky to be able to inherit such a sentimental and beautiful piece of your family history.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty ring! I think the setting is just lovely!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Beanie what a special treasure you have there - just beautiful!!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind replies!

I will try to maybe get some better pictures when the sun comes out!
I was the only grand daughter, so we had a special bond. My mother told me that even at an early age i had an eye for the sparkly stuff! I guess i would walk around in my grandmas shoes and her ring and when my mom would come pick me up I would show it off.. What a goof! Of course the ring was WAY to big and she watched me with a hawk eye to make sure i did not loose it! Good thing!!!

It is just so different looking and love the vintage look about it. I told my boyfriend of 3.5 years i would be so happy to have this presented to me as an engagement ring. But so far he hasnt taken the bait!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
What a treasure!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love the ring and I love rings wtih history behind them.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Love the ring...
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I just adore vintage rings. You have the luck of having a beautiful ring AND a piece of your family history!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring - the setting is unique and very geometric. You''re a lucky girl to have your grandma''s ring!!!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Oh I just love it. Not only is it historical and sentimental, its beautiful too!

I''ll post my nana''s(who passed away 2 years ago, though seems like 2 days ago) soon, its in storage right now.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is so beautiful and very special; treasure it for sure.
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results