shape
carat
color
clarity

Grammy''s new sapphire earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I posted a while back about how she had said she loves sapphires, her birthstone, but had never had one. So I had some earrings made for her. Well, today I gave my grammy her birthday gift. Granted her birthday isn''t for another couple of weeks, but I''m heading back to America in a couple of days. She seemed happy and VERY surprised. Guess it''s been a while since anyone gave her jewelry!

I''m a little concerned that she seemed to have trouble with the tension backs. They may have been intended to keep the earrings on securely, but they are also unfriendly to 87 year old fingers. I hope she manages enough to enjoy them!

ps sapph earrings1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, they look great on her!!
30.gif
How very thoughtful of you!! I do remember you searching for them. The color is great. Hopefully with time, she''ll learn how to take them off and on. Great job IG!!
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty earrings and a nice gift for her. Maybe the jeweler can exchange the mountings to push on posts if she has too much trouble.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great on her. You are such a sweet grand daughter!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire(s), what a great gift! I hope you and she can figure out a way to make the setting easier for her to get on and off her ears. The studs do look wonderful on her...good job, IG!

I''d love to buy my grandmother a fabulous jewel or two but she already has everything...I think I inherited my love of gems and diamonds and all things jewelry from her!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love that picture, IG! The earrings look fantastic on your Grammy and I love the color. You are so sweet to get them for her. Hopefully she''ll be able to get them on and off with little problems!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW the color looks Fantastic!!!

You are such a thoughtful granddaughter! I hope she really enjoys them!
21.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I'm so pleased with the colour! I was a little concerned since I bought them online and the pics weren't as revealing as they could have been. But the colour is truly YUM and they are very sparkly little stones and just the right size for grammy's taste in earrings. She only wears studs.

My grammy has almost no jewelry of any value. Her wedding set has a lovely 1.5ish center stone and an antique bead set eternity band - they were already antiques when she got them in 1940! Grandpa bought them from a dealer in estate pieces. She had the center stone re-cut as an RB in the 70's. My aunt (the CRAZY one) has the e-ring now, but Grammy still wears the eternity band every day. Other than that, she has some pearls, the odd gold bracelet, and that's it!

Poor grammy.
8.gif
We are definitely not a jewelry family, with the exception of my Grammy's wealthy American cousin, who's the one who got me addicted to diamonds in the first place! She took me with her to Graff! Argh!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful on her - what a gorgeous color!!!
36.gif
And a very thoughtful gift.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful gift! The color is wonderful!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
wow, the color is spectacular! They are beautiful!!! I hope she wears them in great health!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful! Your gram must be so thrilled.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, they look darling on her. Aren''t grandma''s special????? I was so close to mine. I miss her terribly!!! I am sure your Grammy will treasure these earrings from you. What a special granddaughter you are.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very sweet gift! The sapphire is really pretty!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow somehow I missed this post. I think they turned out very nice! Do you mind if you share the specs of the stone (mm size)?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Part Gypsy: They're a hair under 4mm. If I remember it was .7(?) tcw, round cut, heated sapphires.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Independent Gal!
I know how it is about jewelry and "older folks". At some point I gave my mom a nice necklace, but she didn''t like having to clasp/unclasp it and so never wore it. If I give her a necklace now I give her one that is long enough she can just pull it over her head without having to clasp/unclasp it. Similarly mom doesn''t like wearing post earrings, but she will wear leverbacks and other designs where the clasp is part of the earring. She''s at the point she would rather wear (nice looking) costume jewelry that has ease of wear over expensive pieces that are hard to take on and off.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those turned out perfectly!! I love them! Such a lovely color and thought present.

Where'd you get them again?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet!!!!!!!
face16.gif
I love sapphires....its also my loves birthstone!!!! That was very thoughtful of you! Im sure she loves them especially since you gave them to her!
36.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Those look so sweet on her- and very blue! Perfect!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful blue color. Those look just great on her!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are so sweet; I bet she loves them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results