shape
carat
color
clarity

Graduation Shoes Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
I''m graduating from college this May (finally finishing my bachelor''s degree after ten years!) and since I have to wear the obligatory (read: boring) black cap and gown, I''m looking for some sassy shoes to liven it up a bit. Something with a pop of color since I''ll likely be wearing a simple black dress underneath the gown.

Here''s where you come in: I need HELP finding super cute, not horribly expensive (<$200; I''m still a student after all), and not horribly high heeled (3" or less) shoes. I feel like my fashion sense has taken a back seat to my studies these last couple of years so I''m hoping that you ladies can help me out!

Any ideas are appreciated!
1.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a particular style you are looking for (i.e.: wedge, stiletto, chunky heel, open-toe, peep-toe, strappy, closed-toe)?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, some kind of additional detail about style, color, etc...would help narrow things down a bit.

FWIW, I''d suggest a wedge of some kind - its seasonally appropriate, and also very comfortable, and its likely you could wear it again throughout the summer.
10.gif

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
Thanks for responding, Ladies!

I''m sort of partial to the peep-toe, but I would do a closed toe. I don''t love chunky heels since I think they only look great if they''re super tall. I have ruled out strappy since my feet are kind of sensitive (prone to blisters).

AmberGretchen: I do looove the wedge heel. Super practical and lowers the chance that I''ll trip on stage.
2.gif
I do worry though that it might make the dress too casual. Know what I mean?

Yesterday I found (and bought!) a great dress. The dress I have is a black textured day-dress w/ a v-neck and cap sleeves. Looks somewhat vintage. I''m thinking something bright (i.e. yellow, pink, etc.) would really dress it up a bit.

Does this help?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, its not an espadrille or a wedge, but I think these are DARLING: link

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
These are also cute, and they look like they''d be comfy
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
These are super-wearable, and would be cute with tons of stuff, and they look SUPER comfy too
9.gif

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness. Those Franco Sarto peep toes are DELISH. They would be soooo perfect. If only they came in my size. Argh! I''m a giant size 9.
7.gif
I''m going to see if I can''t find those in my size.

I love your suggestions and I might just pick up those wedges for my sassy summer shoe!

Thanks mucho!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on graduating!!
36.gif
36.gif

I looooove those Franco Sarto's too and you can't beat that price!
30.gif
Unfortunately, I'm a 9 too.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 10:45:47 PM
Author: cartwheel
Oh. My. Goodness. Those Franco Sarto peep toes are DELISH. They would be soooo perfect. If only they came in my size. Argh! I''m a giant size 9.
7.gif
I''m going to see if I can''t find those in my size.

I love your suggestions and I might just pick up those wedges for my sassy summer shoe!

Thanks mucho!

Glad you liked them - I thought they were adorable too. I''ve got a few pairs of his shoes and they are generally super comfy, IME.

Sorry about the size thing - my mom has the same problem! I can''t really relate since I''m a 6.5, but its funny - when I was in college on the East Coast, they never ran out of my size, but here in San Francisco, its often one of the first to go, as is my clothing size (4/6) - I think people must just be smaller on the West Coast
3.gif

Good luck tracking down the Franco Sartos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results