shape
carat
color
clarity

Graduated Lavender Necklace from the Maven Collection

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I am sending it back because I just cannot find an outfit to go with it, but truly it is a beauty. I thought I'd share a picture for whoever might be interested.

Being metallic, almost every pearl has a faint green overtone, detectable only from certain angle

Only wish the center pearl has better lustre

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the picture I snapped this morning, on my dashboard

_677.jpeg

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
those colors are spectacular

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Yingh, I don't have lavender pearls, but to me the color would work well in a wardrobe. It reminds back 10 years ago when hair-on-hide leopard printed shoes returned back into fashion. Women didn't know what to wear them with, but in essence they go with everything. Maybe give it a little more time.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Yingh, would you please post more pics? Neck shots? I've always been curious about those metallics at Maven but they just always seems to look different between the glamour shots vs IRL. Additional pics from you would be so helpful! Thank you!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
As much as I love purple, I have a problem matching lavender pearls to my clothing, too.

Blue akoyas, on the other hand, seem to go with everything.

Since light blue and lavender are not that far apart on the color wheel, I'm really surprised how I feel about how they match my wardrobe.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Purranha|1446778639|3946202 said:
Yingh, would you please post more pics? Neck shots? I've always been curious about those metallics at Maven but they just always seems to look different between the glamour shots vs IRL. Additional pics from you would be so helpful! Thank you!

I can try to take more pictures over the weekend. Got a full day schedule today

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves|1446815802|3946275 said:
As much as I love purple, I have a problem matching lavender pearls to my clothing, too.

Blue akoyas, on the other hand, seem to go with everything.

Since light blue and lavender are not that far apart on the color wheel, I'm really surprised how I feel about how they match my wardrobe.

Exactly the same case for me. Cold color pearls work very easily for me, but this strand is almost pink instead of lavender.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that I have waffled each and every time the Maven collection has gone on sale about the lavender metallic strands. I think they are gorgeous but I'm not sure whether they would work with much beyond black and white, and I'm not convinced that they would go well with my work wardrobe (given that this is what I wear the vast majority of my pearls with). I also worry about them blending in with my skin tone. I found the last strand that I bought did that (the large fancy coloured ones from Kevin) which was sad because they were beautiful in every way but on my neck.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think lavenders are tricky. If the color works on your skin, give them a few more days to see if they grow on you? Or if you are like me (lavenders blend into my skin) then maybe you can consider keeping them if you have nice turtlenecks to wear them with?

The green tones do look nice from the pic.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The color and overtones look lovely. I bet they would work well with black or ivory tops.

I find I only wear my blue pearls with a few tops.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
More pictures as promised. It is a rainy day. The pearls appear quite pink,especially against my skin. Guess that's why I don't like it - I'm just not a pink girl. For comparison I ask tools neck shot of the multi color Tahitian I'm wearing today

_704.jpeg

_705.jpeg

_706.jpeg

_707.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that pinky metallic strand is gorgeous. I wish there were more pics like that from the online stores, with a few shots of each unique item in natural light, and also on someone's neck. I know that's why I've impulse-purchased some from Catherine Cardellini, Pearllunar and The Pearl Society, even though they're all out of my country. (although I wish they'd all add a shot or two on a live model as well). When I'm in that mood to shop and see it right then, I'm so much more likely to snap something up than if I have to ask for more photos or face a good chance that I'll have to return it. But of course I'm not in the biz so just my opinion. It's not my fault if it's the only correct opinion, haha.

Anyway, I wonder how long it lasts now after you send it back.

Love your Tahitians, too, Yingh. They look fabulous on you!

I tend to wear my light colored pearls much more in the summer and darker ones in the winter. I guess that's because I wear a lot of white or pastel colored clothes in the summertime and black or dark colors in the winter. I really like how the pearl colors look with similar-colored clothes, but I know others like the contrast.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those pinky lavender metallics should work well with dark purple and dark greens. I think they look amazing on you. Thanks for the neck shot.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think they look lovely on you. The colour of the Tahitians offers more contrast with your skin tone, but the lavenders look very nice on you; it's a more subtle look.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think you should return them if you don't like them. Totally understand what you mean about pinks... But they do look really lovely on your dashboard and I'm sure they'll find a good home soon.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although it's a gorgeous necklace, I can see why you'd feel that they weren't for you. I personally think that your Tahitian strand stands out on you and works beautifully with your skin tone and I'm not sure I feel the same way about the lavender strand on you. It's pretty, but not 'wow'. I think pinks and lavenders are tricky to get a good match between the pearls and your skin tone. They need to have enough contrast to stand out without having so much that they highlight a mismatch between skin tone and the pearl. I hope I don't offend by saying this, but in the picture it looks like the pearls are fighting a bit with the warm undertone of your skin.

fel

Shiny_Rock
I don't think anything can compete with that Tahitian multicolor!

That said, I have a peachy pink strand from Catherine Cardellini and have the same clashing skin tone issue. I only wear them occasionally, often in summer over a white shirt or with certain summer dresses. They weren't too expensive (got them on DB) and so I like having them around. However, I wouldn't have wanted to pay a lot for them. I think mine would look a lot better if had either darker or lighter skin.

Fel

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I thought that lavender strand looks lovely on you. Very feminine looking and quite pinkish looking.
However, the Tahitians look more striking - may be they are larger?
Both are beautiful in their own ways. But I guess if you feel that the lavenders are not right for you, returning is the right thing to do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results