shape
carat
color
clarity

Grading Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Larus

Rough_Rock
So, I started out at Tiffany, Van Cleef, Cartier, etc before I decided to do a little research on-line and stumbled onto this forum. Great advice, thanks! My girlfriend has expressed a desire for a "noticable" ring and I have backed off a bit on clarity and quality for weight. I have ring on reserve with Whiteflash which appears to be well cut and well proportioned. Here are the vitals:

1.77 I VS2 61.4% 56% GIA thn-med no vg vg no 7.77*7.86*4.80

Sarin numbers:
Depth 4.78
Crown 34.9 - 14.9%
Pavillion 40.9 - 43.3%
Table 56.6%
Girdle .081

Polish - symmetrry both very good
No flourescenxe

So, this looks like a great stone to me, but I am I pushing the edge going with an I color??

Thanks everyone.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
No you're not. Such a nicely cut I color stone should face up very white and pretty. Looks a good one. I/VS 2 is a smart combo... No yellow and no inclusions visible to the naked eye, exceluding some very rare cases.

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
Larus -

I can tell you that I recently purchased an I color A CUT ABOVE from Whiteflash and it's very white. I have no complaints. So I don't think you are pushing it at all, unless she has another diamond sitting around that she'll be comparing it to all the time. By itself, the diamond I bought looks colorless to me, even in platinum. From the top, it's so brilliant you don't even see a hint of color. It's pure white.

You can see some pics of it in the Show Me the Ring section if you want to see for yourself.

Larus

Rough_Rock
Thanks Guys. I appreciate your advise. I'll check out your pics@

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Larus, because the quality of the cut is so high, you should be fine with the I color. I don't think you're pushing the edge at all. Sounds like an excellent choice....this looks like it balances very nicely your girl's desire for a large stone without sacrificing much on color/clarity.

Nice choice!

Larus

Rough_Rock
Thanks, buying the ring "cold" on the web is a little un-nerving and it's great to have your advice and feedback. For what it's worth, Denise at Whiteflash so far has been excellent!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
With Whiteflash, you have no reason to be unnerved or nervous. They'll do right by you......definitely!

Remember how picture-hungry we all are here......and release some when you get the stone!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Larus,

By the description provided, the diamond should be a winner. The only concern I would have is that the girdle appears to be a bit thin. Since thin girdles are more prone to chipping you might want to discuss with WhitleFlash the best type of setting for a thin girdle.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results