shape
carat
color
clarity

Grading help needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I have a little grading dilema that I need help with.

I just bought a large round diamond. I was told that it was appraised as a "J" "Si3", so I was expecting a slightly yellow stone with slight visible flaws.

When I received the stone, I couldn't see any inclusions - so I was pleased about that, but the stone had a definite "color" to it, just not yellow as I was expecting.

It wasn't until looking at the diamond through a loupe, that I could see tons of teeny tiny carbon spots, and was able to determine that that was what was giving the "color" to the stone. (Weird how the stone appears so clean without a loupe!)

So now I'm thinking it's more like a G-H, but I2-I3 clarity (because the carbon is giving the stone a different overall appearance.

Different websites all over the internet have different explanations as to grading, so I haven't been able to come to a final conclusion.

Can anyone help?
(Thank you! & Merry Xmas!)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should definetely have a pro check it out. Any advice offered here on such a large stone would be pure speculation. I've seen stones similar to what you're describing but currently very few labs will grade a diamond as SI3. Definetely have it checked as there may be more to that stone that you should learn NOW while it's not too late.

www.gemappraisers.com or www.consumersgemlab.com are 2 of the finest.

Peace,
Rhino

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Jonathon!
I was waiting until after the holidays to see you (when you're not so busy!) Will email ~ :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results