shape
carat
color
clarity

graded over 40 years ago---AAA-1--white-clean--1.02 questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ruffbnme

Rough_Rock
I have a Caribe diamond bought from the BX in Tripoli, Libya in the early 1960s. It has the certificate.."White, clean and of AAA-1 quality----guaranteed to be free of any flaws, cracks, carbon spots, clouds or other imperfections when examined under a 10X loupe as established by the FTC-----is registered (I do not know where)--Soooo---Is this good enough to estimate value?--What is "AAA-1" compared to modern grading?--If a jeweler or 3 looked at this diamond and confirmed the certificate is correct, can we determine a value this way?---Hit me with your input! I want to know all I can about this! Thank you, Ruff

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2009 3:19:34 PM
Author:ruffbnme
I have a Caribe diamond bought from the BX in Tripoli, Libya in the early 1960s. It has the certificate..''White, clean and of AAA-1 quality----guaranteed to be free of any flaws, cracks, carbon spots, clouds or other imperfections when examined under a 10X loupe as established by the FTC-----is registered (I do not know where)--Soooo---Is this good enough to estimate value?--What is ''AAA-1'' compared to modern grading?--If a jeweler or 3 looked at this diamond and confirmed the certificate is correct, can we determine a value this way?---Hit me with your input! I want to know all I can about this! Thank you, Ruff
Hi ruff,

I have read that is an old style of grading diamonds which some have used in the past pre GIA, however for your purposes the best bet would be to get the diamond inspected by an independant appraiser in order to find out what you actually have and give you a value.

Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results