shape
carat
color
clarity

Grade for earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mommy

Rough_Rock
I am interested in stud earrings and not quite sure the grade and color that is acceptable. My ring is J VS1. Any thoughts

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
earrings aren''t viewed (inspected!) as closely as e-rings, so you can get away with lowering color/clarity if you so choose. there are no ''rules'' on matching e-ring and earring color/clarity. just get what you like!
of course, make sure you get well cut diamonds..... you can''t determine color/clarity from a sociable distance but you sure can see sparkle (or lack there of)!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we on PS know what diamonds cost, and you already have a J (and I assume you aren't bothered by it) I would just let budget and the size you want decide the clarity and color.

mommy

Rough_Rock
Should I have said my ring is an old european J...VS1 2ct plus . Will the newer cuts for studs make my ring look very yellow if the studs were say I color SI2 with Very Good table and depth?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 8:32:50 AM
Author: mommy
Should I have said my ring is an old european J...VS1 2ct plus . Will the newer cuts for studs make my ring look very yellow if the studs were say I color SI2 with Very Good table and depth?
They will be far enough away that it shouldn''t matter. But you could always go down to J or even K, and that would allow you bigger studs.
31.gif

mommy

Rough_Rock
Good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results