shape
carat
color
clarity

Got this diamond from blue nile, need expert opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cipluk

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I''ve been reading a lot from this forum, and just got this diamond from BN.
I think I should asked all the expert here what you think about my diamond (since it still under 30 days return policy
emwink.gif
)

0.85 carat GIA diamond dossier certificate.
Color G
Clarity VS 1 (feather, pinpoint)
Cut : Excelent
Polish: Excelent
Symmetry : Excelent
Fluorescence : None

Table : 55
Dept : 61.1
Crown angle: 34.0
Pavilion anlge: 41.0
culet : none
girdle : thin to medium
$ 3775

My brother told me, he dont like the feather. should I worried the feather??
Also I''ve read most people here dont recommend BN because of the higher price. I thought my price is pretty good. What do you think??

Thank you
36.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
could be very nice; I don''t see anything wrong with it.

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
1. Depends where the feather is located
2. Use pricescope to seach for this diamond. You might find it at a lower price from another online vendor.

Pugsy

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 2:38:59 AM
Author: diamondpug
2. Use pricescope to seach for this diamond. You might find it at a lower price from another online vendor.

Pugsy
Blue Nile is an online vendor. I think it can be fine as long as you realize they give you less info/pictures then a place like WF would. Have you seen this diamond? What do you think of it?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

I agree, this diamond could look very nice! The feather could well be fine, they are often only a problem if they are situated near the girdle and or break the surface. With a VS1 clarity I doubt there would be an issue with it, but if you are concerned get an independant appraiser to just check the diamond for your peace of mind.

cipluk

Rough_Rock
Thank you everybody for all the reply,

I try to use 10x loupe, but i cannot find the inclusion (maybe bc VS 1 or maybe bc I dont really know how to used it
21.gif

The HCA score is 1.3 (Ex, Ex, VG, VG).
Its look good in real, but should I still use the idealscope to see if there is any light leak (even the HCA score is below 2, also GIA cert excelent cut)?

Yes you are right, BN doesnt give much info besides the scan certificate,
I also look at WF, GOG, james allen too before I got this stone, but they all price higher.
(thats why I still dont understand why most everybody here said BN has higher price)

again thank you all

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You aren''t likely to see an inclusion in a VS1 with a 10x loupe because that is bascially what VS1 means.
1.gif

Your stone sounds nice! Go for it!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
what a nice encouragement this it.. It does look fine they all seem to have needle, cloud or feater that is the map of this diamond...I''d say go for it..

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 3:31:56 PM
Author: cipluk

Yes you are right, BN doesnt give much info besides the scan certificate,
I also look at WF, GOG, james allen too before I got this stone, but they all price higher.
(thats why I still dont understand why most everybody here said BN has higher price)
Hi Cipluk, a company can rise or lower their prices at given time, while posts of community members stay the same since posted and may not be current. It is good idea to compare prices when you are looking, not relying on perhaps old comments...

Blue Nile is known for experimenting with their prices; they can do it for different categories, sizes, shapes, etc...
emotion-15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results