shape
carat
color
clarity

Got this beautiful Opal and gold necklace before Thanksgiving dinner!

thistlespell

Rough_Rock
When my sister in law showed up today, she pulled this out of her purse saying she didn’t like it and asked if I wanted it. I was like “uhh YES!” I think it’s by Wefferling-Berry & Co. Inc., so maybe around 1950’s? I just wanted to share! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! IMG_4033.jpeg IMG_4034.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Give that pendant a good (but gentle) polish, and your SIL will be wondering why on earth she got rid of it… if she even recognizes it!

thistlespell

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Give that pendant a good (but gentle) polish, and your SIL will be wondering why on earth she got rid of it… if she even recognizes it!

I asked her several times before she left if she was absolutely sure she was ok with parting with it, because she got it from an aunt who recently passed, but she insisted it just wasn’t her style. She doesn’t like opals or yellow gold. :O

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Now that's a Thanksgiving!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really? I was gonna say that I love the patina. Unless it's just crud. (Not sure I know what I'm talking about.) Looks very Arts & Crafts.

thistlespell

Rough_Rock
Really? I was gonna say that I love the patina. Unless it's just crud. (Not sure I know what I'm talking about.) Looks very Arts & Crafts.

Yes I think it’s patina! I love it too!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think you have to grow into patina
i like my silver (to paraphrase @LilAlex ) to shine like tin :razz:
i keep a silver cloth in my handbag
i know those things work on gold, i have the gold of the necklace sparkling in no time

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s why I specified a gentle cleaning - polish the raised highlights, without removing the patina in the recesses.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
This is a beautiful necklace, what a nice gift from you SIL.

The only thing my spouse's family shows up with is negative attitudes and entitlement issues. :roll2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results