shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the setting + diamond choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Romeo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone's help. We have pretty much chosen a white gold solitaire necklace setting with a round brilliant diamond:

GIA certificate
6.50-6.55 x 3.97
1.03 carat
Depth: 60.8%
Table: 61%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Clarity: VVS2
Colour: D
Fluorescence: None.
Comments: Clouds are not shown.

I understand that clouds are a grouping of white inclusions. Are clouds included in the definition of the Clarity rating of VVS2? Tried to get crown and pavillion angles (wanted to use tool), but have not received a response yet. The diamond and setting are just amazing though. Any other comments you have are appreciated.

Thanks again !

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Romeo, :wavey:

I'm afraid you won't get ideal (excellent) HCA score for these proportions. Depth is a bit deep for the table size.

However, if the price is right and you like the stone it's all what matters. Enjoy it.

Re: clouds. I believe you're correct. Clouds are clusters of smaller defects/inclusions. Some times GIA reports have comments: "clouds are not shown". Do you have something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results