shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring!!!!

bolivianram

Rough_Rock
Despite Hurricane Sandy, Good Old Gold sent my ring a day EARLIER than I had even asked for it! I got it yesterday!

Plan to give it to her on Sunday night! She has no idea I am proposing in 2012, that I shopped for a ring, anything of the sort! (unless she is super suspicious and even smarter than I already give her credit for) This should be a great shocker. After dinner, we will come back to my apartment where my friend will have set up candles and there will be a DVD slideshow playing with a song that we like to dance to in my living room, followed by some Taylor Swift during which I plan to propose.

Until then, just cell phone pics so I can be quite discreet. I will try to take better pics later!!

Solasferas excellent cut
.83 ct
VS1
H Color

on a Gabriel Co. setting, a twisted pave with .22 TDW

8167963853_1c22384009.jpg

8167992024_de9b5c3fee.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yay! So exciting! The ring looks beautiful! What an awesome surprise :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Good luck!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Looks great and your proposal plan sounds so sweet!! Good luck and don't forget to come back with hand shots!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, that is pretty! I love the twisted shank. GOG solasferas are very sparkly. Well done!
Congratulations on the upcoming proposal and being so sneaky! Remember to comeback with the story and hand shots.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww! Looks amazing and the proposal plan sounds awesome. So glad to hear you're safe and that GOG was able to knock it out of the park despite not having power from the storm!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww!!!! It is gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love: I am SO thrilled for you that your plans were not spoiled by the hurricane!!! You will always have that story to tell! Can't wait to hear about the proposal..she will LOVE that ring!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing that its happening according to schedule after all! Yay! Pretty ring and best wishes for a wonderful evening and proposal. Please report back!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
lovely choice...she will love it!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Good job! The ring is so beautiful! Congrats on your choice!

bolivianram

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at the ring in one area with relatively diffuse light and thought it was beautiful. I just looked at it in a different part of the office where there was only one flourescent light, back over my shoulder, and I was amazed at the light return and sparkle of this Solasfera diamond. Wowowow. I was worried about .83 Ct being too small...now I'm thinking it almost looks too BIG!! (In a good way).

I am incredibly impressed with this and I am SO GLAD I came to PriceScope instead of just buying blindly on BlueNile. After the cat is out of the bag I will be singing Good Old Gold's praises all over facebook!

bolivianram

Rough_Rock
For people who stumble upon this thread, if you're looking for affordable diamonds under 1 ct and want something amazing for under 10K you have GOT to include the Solasfera in your search. Its not for everyone (some think its too "noisy") but as a non-diamond expert I just see a "holy cow that's intense" sparkle that I think she will die over.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking AMAZING, bolivianram!!! Fantastic choice and I love love LOVE your proposal surprise!!! What a miracle that GOG was able to finish it up and ship to you ahead of the hurricane - you have a "miracle ring"!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! Wonderful that you were able to get it on time in spite of the storm. Best of luck with your proposal.
Come back and post handshots after she says yes!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring, wonderful proposal idea and best of luck for a magical evening for you both!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Solasfera is definitely a gorgeous cut! You did very, very well! :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I love the twisted shank :love:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, so graceful! Good luck with the proposal!!!

ringstake2

Rough_Rock
Great job at picking out the ring! its absolutely beautiful

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! You did a great job...congratulations!!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It is really pretty, nice job!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, she will love it I'm sure!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty ring and Congratulations. I think she will love it too. Love the twisted band :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and setting! Congratulations on your impending engagement! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh, its fabulous! Good luck tonight! :appl:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
So how did it go tonight? I can't wait to hear the update and see some hand shots. :wink2:

bolivianram

Rough_Rock
She said yes!!!!

Hand pic

img_0062.jpg

img_0063.jpg

img_0064.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! It looks perfect on her!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations! The twisty part reminds me of the twisty looking Tacori! It's beautiful. :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congratulations on your engagement! Ring looks great on her hand too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results