shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring...now the box!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andreadionisio

Rough_Rock
So, firstly thank you to this site for all the really helpful information available.
Yesterday I bought the ring, a beautiful 0.82 / D / VS2 / Ideal cut stone, set in a six prong tiffany style platinum setting.
So now that I have the ring, I want to present it in a beautiful box. Unfortunately the jeweler from whom I bought the stone and setting didn't have a nice selection of boxes, so I wanted to know if anyone knows of any web-sites or stores in Manhattan that sell jewelry boxes (for rings) I guess I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for but I know I want the inside to be black velvet as it will make the ring stand out when opened.
Any ideas,
Thanks...oh and friday is the big day!
Andrea (don't be fooled by my name...I'm a guy :)

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Relatedly,

I have a box but want a small satin/leather/etc. bag to put the ring in while it's hidden in my pocket. A box is too big. Any suggestions?

AlphaRex1

Rough_Rock
The box I have for myself (big day to be Sat if the rain holds out) has a white lining... I hadn't realized that this would not be ideal... so perhaps I have to make a last minute switch to black velvet!! (Does everyone agree with the post originator that black velvet is the way to go?).

Thanks,
Mike

rocksrock

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys, this is coming from a girl...trust me, she'll love it even if you pulled it out of a paperbag!!! She'll be too shock to notice the 'background' and she'll want to try it out pretty quickly so don't fret about the box. What you might want to look into is a 'ring holder'. These are usually made of crystal, Waterford Crystals carry them and they usually go for about $50, or i believe i've seen them in glass for much cheaper of course (I have the crystal one) ...it's just a little plate with a sort of finger-like stick in the middle. She would just put it on that stick-like finger at night before she goes to bed. This is easier and prettier to use than any box. Just a thought. Good luck on your proposals, it will be an amazing day for both of you! :love:

andreadionisio

Rough_Rock
Great idea about the holder.....just bought one too!
Thanks
Andrea

Sammm

Rough_Rock
Macy's has a sale on it's lenoid crystal ring holder. Looks good to me. But's not something you can propose with :) "Is that ring holder in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" :)

Good luck,
Sam

andreadionisio

Rough_Rock
Ha Ha.....well not to propose with but it's great as a .....holder!
Ciao
Andrea

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Congratulations to you...check out Fay Cullen.com
She has a great selection of boxes...it will say "the box store"
on the table of contents....happy box shopping & engagement day:appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results