shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring (filagree), now need the right diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MCoupe

Rough_Rock
So a while back my girlfriend found which ring she liked, and we went ahead and ordered it separate from a diamond. The ring is usually set with a cushion diamond, although it can also be set with a round diamond. It can fit a 1.50 ct, although can go down to .9-1 if the diamond is set lower (which she wants). She prefers round diamonds, although since we haven''t seen the ring with one set (or any diamond except for pictures, due to the fact that they are made in London, and we are not) I wanted to make sure a round diamond would still look just as good, if not better than a cushion in this setting.

Here''s the ring pictured with a cushion .99ct and without a diamond. The pics don''t due it justice. I''m not much of a fan of traditional jewelry, but this really is the coolest ring I''ve ever seen.

Any other input on what characteristics would particularly look good with this setting would also be appreciated.

LC12.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never owned a ring with that degree of engraving, but it is beautiful. I love how the filagree encircles the diamonds and I think a round diamond would look spectacular- very vintage.

MCoupe

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Yea, just wanting to make sure the round diamond would look as good as we think it will!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you SURE that is a cushion? IMO that looks much more like an OEC round cut. Might just be the angle, but it doesn''t look like a cushion to me...anyone else that knows more?

On the same note, I think it will look lovely with a round.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 6:25:34 PM
Author: neatfreak
Are you SURE that is a cushion? IMO that looks much more like an OEC round cut. Might just be the angle, but it doesn''t look like a cushion to me...anyone else that knows more?

it looks like an antique style cushion to me... somewhat square but with rounded edges... a little bit long maybe east/west. I think an OEC would look awesome in this setting!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 6:25:34 PM
Author: neatfreak

I agree Neatfreak, looks like an OEC round to me too. I do agree that the setting will look gorgeous with a round stone..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous setting!

MCoupe

Rough_Rock
Not sure if it is a OEC or not, just going off of what their site says. Good to hear most agree that a round would look good. Although most rocks I''m finding are around .90ct that are within my price range. Hope it won''t look to small in it, although I think it should look just right between a .9-1ct.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
that setting is beautiful!!!

MCoupe

Rough_Rock
I''m also wondering how a warmer stone in H&A might look in this setting? I''ve heard that with antique style rings like this, warmer stones can often look very cool. Anyone have first hand experience? (When I say warm, nothing lower than a "I" is what I''m thinking)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is beautiful. Where did you find it?

It does look like the stone in the setting is a round from the angle of the picture. An I would look great in that setting, I have no doubt.

MCoupe

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Found it at a local store that I've bought from before and would highly recommend them: www.ylang23.com
I'm not really interested in the majority of traditional jewelry, and neither is the girlfriend, but this place stocks some very cool items. Plus they treat you great, regardless of age or income.

It's a Lucie Campbell ring, and both the girlfriend and I both loved their stuff. You can see more of her designs at www.luciecampbell.com

They only had molds for this ring up to a size 8 and we needed a 9, so we went ahead and had them make it. Should be arriving in the next week or two for around a 6 week turnaround.

Wish I could see a 1.15ct I color and a .9ct with a better color to see which would look best in the setting for roughly the same money... Either one would be a H&A though.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info! It really is a beautiful ring. A quick scan of the designer''s website turned up some really beautiful pieces!

I think either stone could look good in the setting. We tend to like to maximize size here so most people would tell you to go for the 1.15. An I won''t look bad in the setting by any stretch of the imagination. Is your girlfriend color sensitive? I saw a beautiful H stone at my jewelers and only upon holding it up next to my D could I really see any tint in the H. So under most circumstances, the color isn''t too much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results