shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the perfect ring but now having problems! help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycjsw

Rough_Rock
I believe i got a great diamond. It''s is an AGS round 1.06 vvs1 f color and has been appraised by an independent appraiser in the wash dc area. I got it for $9200 (appraised much higher) at BlueNile and am happy with it. My problem is my fiancees ring size is - Get this 2 3/4! Yes that is 2 3/4. The setting we got was also at bluenile. It is platinum and has two baguettes (total 1/2 carat) placed vertically on both sides of the center diamond ($1900).
I originally got the wrong size ring (5.25) and the ring looked great. The PROBLEM is that when they resized it the space/gap between the baguettes and the center diamond widened. Previously the baguettes and center diamond flowed as one. But now you see, even when looking straight at the ring, two gaps to the right and left of the round diamond. It is as if the baguettes now flair out now more away from the center round diamond (which is at 90 degrees). Other jewelers have mentioned techniques to resize a small ring size without changing the viewable nature of the ring (oval shaping or flat backing).
ANY input would be great. I gave the ring to my fiancee 2 weeks ago and she has barely been able to wear it. I just sent it back to BN again and we are going to have a conference call with their jeweler!
wink2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Cut Nut. Her ring size is probably a custom size to begin with.

While the sizing issue was your mistake, BN should try to accomodate you. They should have never taken a job of sizing a ring down that many sizes.

Abazias

Rough_Rock
I second that- you will have to have the ring custom made to fit her small finger. It is not a good idea to size a ring more than two sizes up or down especial when it has side stones. The configuration of the ring will not look right and there is a change that the side diamonds could come loose and fall out. I am sorry your fiancé is not able to wear the ring you gave her however; she will have many happy years to wear it in the future.

Sorry,
Felicia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results