shape
carat
color
clarity

GOT the ONE carat diamond band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
and it is a BEAUTIFUL ring, my jeweler verified that the diamonds were about G in color, and VS in clarity, and it has some nice weight to it, looks brand spankin new...sparkles like crazy..HOWEVER, it just doesn''t look good with my solitaire! CRAP...now I am thinking I should have went with a larger 5 stone ring. It just looks like it sticks out wider than my e-ring, when worn next to each other...and takes away from my solitaire somehow. I took a couple pics, but of course the camera batterdy died, before I could download them to my computer, but will post tomorrow. I don''t want to part with the ring, since it truly is gorgeous, but I guess I am going to have to sell it and out the money towards a different band. I don;t want to return it, since it cost me over $100 in Fed-Ex charges, duties, custom fees..etc. I should have known not to buy a ring without seeing it and trying it on..It''s not the ring, because for the price, and presence this ring has, I would have gladly paid over $1000 for it, only if I knew it would compliment my solitaire. Oh well....back to the drawing board, once I sell this one! I will post pics tomorrow!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
That is too bad. What kind of band are you looking for? There is a band on ebay right now that I really like, it is a Birks Platinum bar set alternating round/baguette 7 stone I think. It is listed at $799 which is a pretty fair price for this ring, and you could go into Birks and try it on prior to bidding. . . I have tried it on and and really like it myself, but can not justify it!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Is there a link to that ring? I like the band in your avatar sallty...I just want a low profile band, I guess NOT prong set, now that I know it won''t go with my solitaire..something with more gold I guess, than just a row of diamonds.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry it didn''t work out for you. Are you sure you don''t want to try an eternity band? They almost always go great with a plain solitaire. I''m betting something in the 1 ct. size eternity would look great with your ring. I like the bling of the other ring you''re considering, but I already have a similarly sized 5 stone ring, and I could tell it didn''t work with the solitaire. YMMV of course. I went to the jewellery store to try on a bunch of styles, and as soon as I tried on eternity bands I knew that was the right choice. Good luck!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lyra, but this ring (which I just listed for sale...Whaaaaaaa), is like an eternity band. It looks like it from the top and sides...so I imagine a full eternity would look the same, I think I am used to a flatter style band, like the channel set band..so I am seriously thinking to avoid so much grief, I will buy a narrow plain band, and have my diamond reset into a setting that is a tad bit fancier, and only requires a plain band next to it. That seems easier for some reason. I didn''t think it would be so hard to find a band to match, maybe I should go with a matching set when I reset the diamond? Thanks Lyra...I am soooooo disappointed. Again, NOT with the ring, it is truly amazing, it just won''t work with my ring!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Beau, this ring might be just the thing for you. When I got my band (the one in my avatar) I was torn between it and the alternating baguette/round shown here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290166238568&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

When I was looking at ebay today I couldn''t beleive it when I spotted it! I ened up choosing mine because it isn''t as low set. My ering band is quite high, and I needed something to match the height, not look squished below it.

The baguette diamonds have a more subtle look, which shouldn''t overpower your ring. I think it is worth stopping into a Birks, if you are in a city and have one nearby.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Saltymuffin, I just don''t want to spend $ 350 more for a .80 carat ring when I had the 1.00 carat for less!! AND..to wait for it, and have it arrive, and NOT be suitable? It''s too bad there are no local jewelry stores that carry nice bands. I almost have to get one made. I think I will just wear the e-ring by itself (even though I''ve been married for 14 years), and eventually have it reset into a different mount, with the plain band I think!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic I just took..band with solitaire

one carat band.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Another one, you can see the band looks a little wider than e-ring, when looking face down

3 carats in total.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Last one with solitaire, I will post a profile pic of the band alone...

11 stone diamond band with solitaire.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Profile shot

1 carat 11 stone diamond band.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate to disagree, but I love the new band.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Ma-donna! I love that profile! Where in Canada are you??? I''m in Toronto...

Maybe we can have a pow-wow!
25.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I quite like that ring, but I understand your peeves about it. Give the 5 stone a try, although, surely it would sit even higher than that one. An eternity would sit flatter btw, partly because the individual stones are a bit smaller (say 3 pts each for a 1ct band). I dunno. Your solitaire tapers in more dramatically than mine. Sort of reminds me of a Scott Kay, and he *does* do a 5 stone with one of his, so maybe it''s just a matter of getting the right size in those 5 stones. Could work out okay.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Alright, last one, to show how much fire this ring has, I would recommend Dover Jewelry for sure, great quality, fabulous prices!

look at that sparkle.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mela Lu, I am about a 3 hr drive north of Toronto. Wish I were a little closer (say one hour), then I would drive down to go diamond band shopping, TONS of choices there!! Hey Steel...you LOVE the band? It can be yours for 16 easy payments...KIDDING..the more I look at the pics, the more I am rethinking selling the band. I wonder if a jeweler can remove one diamond, fill in with gold, then it seems it might follow the contour of the soliare mount better. OR...can a jeweler use these diamonds (they are fabulous) and reset them into a little different setting?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Beau - I''m running offline now (to an interview) GL GL GL to me!
but if you are interested in selling, I''m interested in looking ;-) I''ll find you here tomorrow
35.gif
bye for now!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the interview!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Last pic, I promise, this is my favourite pic, near the patio door with natural light coming through!

in natural light.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck too!

And I too love the band. I think it looks great, however...if you don''t love it, don''t settle!! You should definitely be able to find one that sits well with your e-ring.

I think that you are right that a 5 stone (or was it 7?) would look great in that it would likely sit closer to your finger on the sides...

I''m in Toronto by the way...lovin'' the Canadian presence on here these days!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
It''s great but I can also see your problem with it. That would bother me as well. In fact, I don''t like it when any ring sits out that far, let alone when one does and the other doesn''t. Good luck hunting!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
beau - I know what you mean about the sticking out wider thing. I always wanted an eternity next to a plain solitaire. I tried several on in Tiffs but the one that looked the best was the seven-stone band which covered the top of my finger but then sat in towards my finger without that ''sticking out'' kind if look. I think that size stone looks great with your solitaire, maybe you could just get one with a couple less stones?

a

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Beau!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I really like the band, too! I don''t really mind it sticking out like that, although I can see why it would bother you. I say keep that band and get another band, too!
11.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I see what you mean about the sticking out, but I love the band. It''s beautiful! It looks a lot like my band, but I went with a .5 ct because I wanted a thin band next to my e-ring. I have been considering buying a similar band to stack with it on days I don''t wear my e-ring.

I hope you find something that you really love. You''ve had such a tough time with this whole ring thing!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your band! I don''t think it detracts from your e-ring at all, and I think some people actually like having their e-bands stick out a little bit more than their e-rings. But if it really bothers you, can you afford to keep it as a RHR? It just looks so sparkly and perfect on your hand.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you, I''d prefer a lower set band so that both bands are the same width. Memoire and Tiffany make their rings that way, but they cost a lot more than this ring did, unfortunately.

sera

Ideal_Rock
The band is really beautiful! It looks SO white and sparkly... I love it. Sorry it didn''t work out for you.

Have you thought about something that picks up the shape of the band? Something like this Simon G...

simon g marquis and round.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another to disagree...I think they look beautiful together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results