shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the appraisal done on my JA stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I have been waivering back and forth, should I return it for a WF stone, should I keep it and pray to find a gorgeous setting I can afford, etc.

Today I got my GIA appraisal done on the stone and OH. MY. GOODNESS.

This little beauty is a KEEPER.

It retails for $4000, it''s wholesale price is about $2350, and I paid....$1750.

The only discrepency between the IGI and my appraiser''s report was that the IGI said it was Mod Blue and he said Strong Blue, but it is a gorgeous strong blue fluor. I think I actually love it more!
Then I told him the issues I was having with the settings, and he recommended a place that I was trying to avoid. It was one of those places that had the cheesy tv commercials, and lame radio ads. I went in there, and sure enough they had the exact setting I was pretty much thinking I was going to have to have custom made. It would have to be the perfect compromise between my halo and Novo setting that I wanted. What is even better is that is came in waaaaay under my budget.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It should hopefully be set by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.
30.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh, can''t wait to see pics.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Good to hear you have resolved your mixed feelings....photos forthcoming please......

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am confused about the "wholesale price". Who came up with that figure?

Glad you got the appraisal to confirm your decision on the stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are happy with it! I''m sure you will find the perfect setting...just try to figure out what
you want and you know you''ll get lots of help from PSers. So exciting...I wish I had a project to
work on!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Err... did you tell him to appraise it for insurance purposes? Seems like if you are using this value, you will be vastly overpaying for your insurance.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Stone-Cold, I am using it for piece of mind plus insurance. I faxed in the appraisal form and asked what my insurance would be since I have other pieces insured as well. It''s not a huge increase, and I have fantastic coverage. I appreciate your concern though
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you are happy and can''t wait to see pics!!! Are you positive you are ok with this diamond now and don''t want to change it? Just checking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results