shape
carat
color
clarity

Got ring. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bdr27615

Rough_Rock
Thanks to the many posters on this site to help educate me.

Now that i have stone in possession, should i get it validated as being what the GIA reports indicates it is? Or can i be confident that since GIA is respected, it is what the reports says it is?

Brian

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, that depends on a couple of things. Many people that have an appraisal done, have it done either before the diamond is purchased or within the return period. That way you can decide not to buy the diamond if its not what you want or return it if you are not happy. How long have you had this diamond? Are you going to insure it? If so, you are going to need some documentation for the insurance company. Whether or not to have an apprasial done is a personal decision. GIA is very well trusted but I still had my diamond looked at prior to purchase because I wanted to make an informed decision about the purchase. If you are in love with the diamond and have no desire to return the diamond despite what an appraiser might tell you, you may not need an appraisal, unless you are going to insure it.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I called the cert number in to gia and they verified all the numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results