shape
carat
color
clarity

Got paid twice for the same job, what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Since it''s a little old lady, definately give it back...she''s probably on a fixed income.

Now, if it was a lawyer that paid twice, I''d keep the money...guilt-free!! Then send him/her bill for the time it took to go the bank and deposit the cash.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 4:39:26 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
Hey! No threadjacking!

A man walks into a lawyer''s office and asks, ''What do you charge for a few quick questions?''

The lawyer says, ''It''s three questions for $150.''

''Wow!,'' the guy says, ''Isn''t that kind of steep?''

''Yes, I suppose it is,'' the lawyer says. ''What''s your third question?''

A law firm''s receptionist answered the phone the morning after the firm''s senior partner had unexpectedly died in his sleep.

''Is Mr. Smith there?'' the client asked.

''I''m sorry, sir,'' the receptionist said, ''Mr. Smith passed away last night.''

''Is Mr. Smith there?'' the client asked again.

''Sir, didn''t you hear me? Mr. Smith has passed away.''

''Is Mr. Smith there?'' the client asked a third time.

''Sir, do you understand? Mr. Smith is dead!''

''I understand you perfectly,'' the client replied. ''I just love to hear you say it.''

3.gif
9.gif
9.gif

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear All,
I''m doing my pennance now by agreeing with Canak that until you need a lawyer you can poke fun. I feel so bad at making rotten comments about lawyers now that I know how hard they work for a trial and to win a case. I can''t thank my lawyers enough for the work thy did for me. It is true they can earn alot but my lawyers really cared about the outcome. I admit to even saying some things we think about lawyers in my anger at times and they said they were used to it and wouldn''t hold it against me. I think we want certainty and the law doesn''t work that way. That said, I like Capt''s story because I think you all were taken in by the guy who never wanted to give back the ring from te getgo, although he couched all his concerns in his concern for his girlfriend. Notice our young man ended up calling it a business decision. I think he used you as a group which is why I never responded to him. They made a deal and thats fine but his integrity is questionable in my opinion. I haveno desire to argue about his, just my small comment. Yeah Lawyers,
Annette

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
smitt, I hope I didn''t convey the wrong meaning in laughing at the jokes. I have MANY lawyer friends, it goes with the territory.

And as for the young man, I wasn''t taken in, or used. I responded, that in my opinion it was wrong to keep it, and I stand by it.

No argument meant.
2.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 2:13:30 PM
Author: Ellen
smitt, I hope I didn''t convey the wrong meaning in laughing at the jokes. I have MANY lawyer friends, it goes with the territory.

No argument meant.
2.gif
Most of us have a sense of humor about lawyer jokes. You kind of have to, to survive in this business.

Doctor jokes, on the other hand, I find rarely go over as well.
12.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2006 11:16:03 PM

12.gif
Care to go out on a limb?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How about diamond-district-jokes?

The Antwerp diamond-area are three streets, where motor-traffic is not allowed, and with a police-station at each side. Every now and then, like in any place where a lot of people work, there is need of an ambulance somewhere in the district. If this ambulance drives in, it immediately catches a lot of attention.
Then, we always say: ''Probably some customer just heard the new asking prices''.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 10:49:32 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
How about diamond-district-jokes?

The Antwerp diamond-area are three streets, where motor-traffic is not allowed, and with a police-station at each side. Every now and then, like in any place where a lot of people work, there is need of an ambulance somewhere in the district. If this ambulance drives in, it immediately catches a lot of attention.
Then, we always say: ''Probably some customer just heard the new asking prices''.
LOL!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HILARIOUS thread! Good one, Capt Aubrey!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 12:00:01 AM
Author: Regular Guy

Date: 10/1/2006 11:16:03 PM

12.gif
Care to go out on a limb?
A seven-year old girl came home one day and said to her mother, "A boy in my class asked me to play doctor."

"Uh oh," the mother replied nervously. "What happened, honey?"

"He made me wait 45 minutes and then double-billed our insurance company."

A man went to the doctor''s office, and after a lengthy exam, his doctor announced that he had pneumonia. "Doctor, are you sure I''m suffering from pneumonia?" the man asked, "I heard once about a doctor treating someone with pneumonia and finally he died of typhus."

The doctor replied, "Don''t worry, that won''t happen to you. If I treat someone with pneumonia, he''ll die of pneumonia."

12.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''ve got a joke about a doctor, a lawyer and a diamond.

One day a lawyer was getting out of his new BMW when another car whized closely by and smashed the door off its hinges.

Soon an ambulance shows up and the doctor gets out and immediately asks the man how he is. The lawyer immediately begins to rant about his car. "Look at this mess" he screams, "this was a brand BRAND BMW"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The doctor retorts; "you lawyers are all alike, only concerned about material things. You haven''t even noticed your arm is gone"!!!! The lawyer looks down to where his arm used to be. He blurts out to the doctor, "my AGS 000 diamond"!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results