shape
carat
color
clarity

Got paid twice for the same job, what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I''m sitting around the office when this little old lady comes in wanting me to re-draft her will. It''s a very simple job, and things like this are usually done on a flat fee basis, so I charge her just $100. She pays me in cash (a crisp new $100 bill) and leaves.

After she''s gone, and I''ve entered the job into my timesheet software, I discover that she''s given me not one $100 bill but two bills stuck together.

Now I''m facing an ethical dilemma: Do I tell my partner about the extra 100 bucks?
22.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I would contact the little old lady and give her back the extra $100.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
There should be no dilemna here - give the extra $100 back!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If they were stuck together she probably didn''t know she handed you both. If/when she discovers the missing $100 you may have lost more than one client (reputations are built on word-of-mouth recommendations or bad mouthing). Call her and give her the money back.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL..

CA you are a BAD BAD boy.

playing with the gals!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
For the last 2 days I was tempted to ask What should i do with an extra soap i accidentally received in my soap box?
I only ordered 4 for my Soap Opera production...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 7:26:57 PM
Author: Pricescope
For the last 2 days I was tempted to ask What should i do with an extra soap i accidentally received in my soap box?
LOL!!!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Capt .. I think the only safe thing to do is to send it to ME. And then send emails to three of your friends and tell them each to send me $100 too. When I receive all the $$ -- I''ll tell you how to proceed further.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2006 7:02:40 PM
Author:CaptAubrey
Okay, so I''m sitting around the office when this little old lady comes in wanting me to re-draft her will. It''s a very simple job, and things like this are usually done on a flat fee basis, so I charge her just $100. She pays me in cash (a crisp new $100 bill) and leaves.

After she''s gone, and I''ve entered the job into my timesheet software, I discover that she''s given me not one $100 bill but two bills stuck together.

Now I''m facing an ethical dilemma: Do I tell my partner about the extra 100 bucks?
22.gif
HI:

Depends whether it is $100 US, Can. or Nigerian dollars.

cheers--Sharon

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 8:57:07 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Okay, so I'm sitting around the office when this little old lady comes in wanting me to re-draft her will. It's a very simple job, and things like this are usually done on a flat fee basis, so I charge her just $100. She pays me in cash (a crisp new $100 bill) and leaves.

After she's gone, and I've entered the job into my timesheet software, I discover that she's given me not one $100 bill but two bills stuck together.

Now I'm facing an ethical dilemma: Do I tell my partner about the extra 100 bucks?
22.gif
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Ha! Then poor Capt has much bigger problem in his office with those little old ladies walking around...
Did she pass annual corporate ethics training "Enron 101"?

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody who has to ask this question doesn''t have a conscience. Instead they would have contacted the client and given the money straight back.
32.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 9:32:59 PM
Author: Sparkster
Anybody who has to ask this question doesn''t have a conscience. Instead they would have contacted the client and given the money straight back.
32.gif
Capt was just having some fun with us in light of recent threads
2.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 9:39:12 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 9/28/2006 9:32:59 PM
Author: Sparkster
32.gif
Capt was just having some fun with us in light of recent threads
2.gif
Sorry Capt. Don''t know what''s wrong with me lately. Haven''t been able to see humour in anything. Maybe it''s because I''ve just turned the wrong side of thirty. Imagine wihen I turn 40. Watch out!!!!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I think we all know the Captain too well. This he wouldn''t ask us seriously.

Me thinks Capt Aubrey is just joshin'' with us.

Rockdoc

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...took me a second, bad boy. My response was going to be "Are you ''tarded"? LOL...But of course I would never say such a thing about a moral dilema of this nature :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2006 9:28:40 PM

Date: 9/28/2006 8:57:07 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Author:Do I tell my partner about the extra 100 bucks?
22.gif
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Ha! Did she pass annual corporate ethics training ''Enron 101''?
HI:

Good question! I read 10 will get you 6. And I don''t mean Captain A dollars!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

22.gif
HAHAHAHA......I love a Captain
11.gif
with a sense of humour!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The Captain obviously has too much time on his hands, but then apparently so do I since I responded!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 10:09:14 PM
Author: RockDoc

Rockdoc
It''s an old lawyer joke I thought was appropriate after the past couple of days.
12.gif

I used to collect lawyer jokes, but I''ve given it up. The lawyers I tell them to don''t think they''re funny, and the non-lawyers don''t think they''re jokes.
3.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 7:26:57 PM

*laughs loudly enough to wake housemate*

9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 11:49:40 PM
Author: CaptAubrey

Date: 9/28/2006 10:09:14 PM
Author: RockDoc

Rockdoc
It''s an old lawyer joke I thought was appropriate after the past couple of days.
12.gif

I used to collect lawyer jokes, but I''ve given it up. The lawyers I tell them to don''t think they''re funny, and the non-lawyers don''t think they''re jokes.
3.gif
THAT was funny.
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: CaptAubrey

12.gif

3.gif
LOL....as evidenced by some posters in this thread!!

widget

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like another story I heard...

Someone ordered a solitaire e-ring from an online vendor and got a 3-stone instead -- center stone the equivalent carat weight as the solitaire. EXCEPT...gasp! It was a D IF Ideal cut! Not the K I2 he had originally ordered!

And inside the box, was a fresh LEMON PIE!!!!!!!

The dilemma was, should he eat the pie? Who cares about the ring????!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 2:13:04 PM
Author: Julian

Someone ordered a solitaire e-ring from an online vendor and got a 3-stone instead -- center stone the equivalent carat weight as the solitaire. EXCEPT...gasp! It was a D IF Ideal cut! Not the K I2 he had originally ordered!

ROTFL!!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 2:13:04 PM
Author: Julian

OMG. Dying.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Isthis a trick question? I''d give it back.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! No threadjacking!

A man walks into a lawyer''s office and asks, "What do you charge for a few quick questions?"

The lawyer says, "It''s three questions for $150."

"Wow!," the guy says, "Isn''t that kind of steep?"

"Yes, I suppose it is," the lawyer says. "What''s your third question?"

A law firm''s receptionist answered the phone the morning after the firm''s senior partner had unexpectedly died in his sleep.

"Is Mr. Smith there?" the client asked.

"I''m sorry, sir," the receptionist said, "Mr. Smith passed away last night."

"Is Mr. Smith there?" the client asked again.

"Sir, didn''t you hear me? Mr. Smith has passed away."

"Is Mr. Smith there?" the client asked a third time.

"Sir, do you understand? Mr. Smith is dead!"

"I understand you perfectly," the client replied. "I just love to hear you say it."

3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Who said these jokes weren''t funny!
9.gif
My BIL says that everyone hates lawyers until they need one.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results