shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my WF 5-stone CADs!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited - Leon sent me CADs today and I'm thrilled with them. I don't actually even like CADs because they always make me freak out about things being too bulky and square and big, so this time I told myself I would not do that. :)

I'll just attach the side view since it's the more interesting one.

wfcad2.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, bet you are really excited!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, I cannot wait! I've been wanting this ring forever.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
*GASP*!!!

OMG - I love love LOVE that trellis setting - holy cow that's gorgeous!!! Wow - I'm in lust with your CAD's! When will this beauty be on your hand, Katiedid?? Not that you're not excited, but *I* can't wait, either!!! :love: :love: :love:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Enerchi - one of my trellis enablers! :)

I should get it sometime right around the Thanksgiving holidays here in the states. I was so happy to see that the CADs were not scary. I asked them to make the trellis work and prongs as delicate as they could and it seems they have done that!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have excelled in the trellis department!!! Completely rocked the fine and delicate look - and with CAD's they always seem a bit thicker than the finished product, so that is going to be one FINE piece of jewelry!!!

***stating right now ---- if you are EVER EVER EVER selling this baby ---- ENERCHI is "#1, numero UNO, top of the heep" on your preloved list!! ***

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very pretty - sort of reminds me of the Sasha Primak trellis five stone setting. We'll be waiting for handshots!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!! It does have a Sasha Primak look about it MGR - hopefully the pricetag is a bit lower though!

Two thoughts -
- What do you think about having them fill in those little openings where trellis joins shank?
- I'd ask them to make the inner edges more rounded (green arrow)

trelliskatie.png

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MGR - it reminds me of that ring too and MUCH more affordable!

Thanks for the suggestions Yssie - I thought about both of those ideas and to tell you the truth, I actually like it just like it is! But I appreciate you bringing those things up!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! What size are the diamonds?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh that is gorgeous!!!!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Can't wait to see the real thing. Yssie, you have such an amazing eye! I never would have noticed those 2 suggestions you made, but once you pointed them out, I was like, "Ohhh!" :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1352153124|3299330 said:
Thanks MGR - it reminds me of that ring too and MUCH more affordable!

Thanks for the suggestions Yssie - I thought about both of those ideas and to tell you the truth, I actually like it just like it is! But I appreciate you bringing those things up!

Worked out perfectly then ::) I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics when it's in!

//threadjack EHR it's good to see you back around these parts!! I've missed that stack :bigsmile:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kasey3 - the diamond sizes are two .305s and three .308s, so total of just over 1.5 ct. My ring size is 5, so I think I'll get nice coverage with these stones.

Thanks stargurl - neither can I!

Thanks EHR! And you're right, Yssie DOES have an amazing eye!

Yssie, as far as the little gap where the trellis joins the shank, I may actually ask about that. On looking at it some more, maybe it's worth some more thought. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be beautiful! :love: I can't wait to see it because I think that is a size that I would like!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agree Enerchi - if the CADs don't look too chunky, that's a good sign. And I will make a mental note that you want first dibs if I ever sell it!

Yssie, I just sent email about the gap issue - we'll see what they have to say. I sent a pic of the Sasha Primak ring for comparison. Thanks again for pointing that out. :)

Diamondseeker, I think it's going to be a great standalone ring. I wanted one ring that would be substantial enough to wear on its own (didn't want ering/wedding band combo again). I have a feeling when I first get it, it will seem VERY blingy since I've been wearing a plain 3mm paladium band for a while now!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it will seem blingy at first, but to me, a 5 stone is just the perfect standalone ring! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have them make the prongs come inward for a more scalloped appearance from the top view so you really get to see the contours of each diamond if possible. O/w, it looks great!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks mom2boys!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedid|1352165357|3299512 said:
Totally agree Enerchi - if the CADs don't look too chunky, that's a good sign. And I will make a mental note that you want first dibs if I ever sell it!

WOO HOO!!! :appl: you heard it here first, folks!!! :lol:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi, you are too funny! :D

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha Enerchi!

katie-it is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I think filling in the gap and ensuring the prongs have that scallopy look from the top would be :love: :love: :love: those are the only two things I don't like about my antique five stone...)

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Bella!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie - thanks again for pointing out the gaps. I've asked them to fill those in. Really appreciate your eye for detail!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beauiful!!! I love the trellis! i can't wait to see!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
If I ever go to a single ring, this is the ring I want. It's going to be STUNNING! Congrats!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sarahbear and Gecko - I've had my eye on this ring for a long time. Decided I just don't like wearing 2 rings on the same finger and since I'm an "old married lady" ;-) , I don't mind not having the ering/wedding band combo!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Revised CAD shows gaps filled in (quickie CAD so just the side view).

wfcadfinal.png

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a difference! Great tweak. It's going to be a beauty!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1352230719|3299987 said:
Revised CAD shows gaps filled in (quickie CAD so just the side view).

I have to admit, I do like it better this way. It looks cleaner to me - the head is the head and the shank is the shank. If you know what I mean?

I also prefer it closed because they wouldn't be able to get a nice polish on the inner surfaces of those openings - they're too small, and the trellis wires would get in the way, and those interior areas would be visible IRL because of the very open trellis design. Not *gaping* but visible on close look, I mean. If stuff like that matters to anyone other than me :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results