shape
carat
color
clarity

GOT MY RING !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
So My BF proposed Sat Morning...it was the best...he managed to suprise me...a major feat...

So here is a pic of my ring...Jonathan thanks for the pics
love.gif

Stats: .90 D VVS2 Regent from GOG...set in a Vatche 3 stone truffle with sapphires.

GOG (Jonathan, Amy, Christen, Marie) was awesome...exceptional service, awesome stones...

Richard Sherwood did the appraisal...awesome job...great communication answered all of my questions

Will post some more pics

DL Regent90DVVS2 finished.jpg

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
here is side view pic...pics are great but don't do it justice
10.gif

DL Regent90DVVS2 side view 2.jpg

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
one more pic...love the truffle

DL Regent90DVVS2 side view.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diane:

That is a beautiful combination of stones and I just love the sapphires for your accent stones. You must be thrilled...Congratulations and that ring is stunning...

Jonathan Good Job!

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

bicky

Rough_Rock
Diane,

That ring is gorgeous. Congratulations!

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! That's similar to what I am going for, except with a round instead of a regent. The regent really looks great, though.
1.gif

I'm curious, do you know the diameter of the sapphires vs. the diamond? I am still trying to determine what ratio to go with.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
hi smooth

diamond 5.42x5.42mm
sapphires 3.25mm diameter

hope this helps

Smooth

Rough_Rock
LOL, I guess I asked for the diameter on a square stone. I guess from the measurements that the diagonal would be a hair over 7mm.

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful ring. My compliments to all involved.

Congrats even more importantly on the engagement!
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh! what a beautiful ring!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and a most splendid looking ring!
appl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Stunning. Simply Stunning.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!
appl.gif

Best wishes with your new life together!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Incredible ring. I love seeing regents and the sapphires are lovely. Congratulations!

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!
9.gif

I love the sapphire accents, such a stunning combination!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys....can't keep my eyes off of it..

Smooth

it you do a length (diameter) ratio the center is 1.66 to 1 side stone

The diagonal of my stoen is @7.62mm
read.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info, Diane. Wow, your ring is truly gorgeous, it stuns me every time I read this thread.
eek.gif

Did the sapphires come from GOG as well? They are a great color.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Yes the sapphires are from GOG as well... I picked the genreral color I wanted and let them do the matching...they did a great job...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diane that ring is stunning!! absolutely breathtaking, I bet you get tons of glances!! I used to work with a VP who had a similar ring, passed down from family...hers was very eye catching with the sapphires and the center diamond. Very beautiful, just like yours!! Congrats on a great combo and the engagement!!

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
those are the exact color of stones that i am looking for....do you know what the info on the sapphires is?

do you mind if i just ask about how much they cost. no i probably shouldn't, that is none of my business. i am just trying to get an idea of how much a custom bracelet that i want made is going to be, and have no idea about the prices of sapphires..

don't answer if you don't want to...sorry. everyone can hate me now
angryfire.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara....I looooove looking at it...and the guy who gave it to me too

Sylves...sapphires are relativley inexpensive (compared to diamonds) at least these were :)

I got them from Good Old Gold...they mathced them for me...after I gave them an idea what colour I wanted...would have better info on them...Please note they look much bigger in picture and are slightly comparable size wise to @10point (.10c) diamond...obvioulsly the bigger the more expensive...my suggestion is to e-mail GOG and tell them what you are looking for...you can refer to my ring for refernce...they took the pictures...so they have them to look at...

best of luck...

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Richard I believe the are Ceylon...but don't quote me...I must admit I get major compliments on the sapphires...the diamond too...but people relly like the combo...the setting is also well admired.....

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Ceylon's typically have a brighter "electric" blue compared to other sapphires. Perfect combination for that pyrotechnic Regent you've got.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi eye candy for you

more interesting than those wierd EGL posts :)

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love that ring! How lucky that you get to look at those striking blue sapphires all day, with that bright white contrast! I wish I could stick my center diamond into a setting like that for variety.
10.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
wow diane, that thing is GORGEOUS! congratulations!
appl.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CONGRATS DIANE!!!!

What eye candy your ring is girl! I am so excited for you and it was so excellent to meet you in person as well and be able to show you live the difference between the stone you got vs the other stuff out there. The guys at MSU, Gary Holloway and myself are doing some studies on Regents (and other modified squares) with a new beta on the DiamCalc and we've been all (at least myself anyhow) blown away with the results we are seeing from the Regents and stones just like yours. It's so cool!
1.gif

Thanks for the kind words and also for letting us be of service to you during this special time of your life.

Warm regards,
Rhino

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks it was great working with you guys....I love my ring...it is soooo white a sparkly...even in the dimmest of lights...

Keep me updated on the data from the testing you are doing...I suspect this is not the only one of these I am going to get...hee hee hee...still need earrings, pendant, brooch
11.gif

I sent Cary a copy of the pics you sent so he could see what it looked like finished...you can post them on your web site if you want...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results