shape
carat
color
clarity

got my other spinel and LOVE it!

kt

Shiny_Rock
While I'm still debating about keeping my pink spinel, I received this one which is gorgeous - it's a very brilliant cut and the color is a delicate pink-y/orangy-peach...so unusual! I am thinking of a halo, in either yellow or pink gold that encloses it more to make it a bit darker as it's a pretty light stone in some light...it's a bit larger, though, so i'm hoping a halo doesn't make it too big - it's 9x6.8mm. It was really hard to capture with my camera and I have to say some of the vendor shots were pretty accurate. (vendor's shot is first...mine are making it look pink-only for some reason...)

the 3rd shot is with the debatable spinel I got last week - as you can see in a bezel cup it doesn't really darken too much but I think it may hide the inclusion.

peach pink spinel 2.jpg

orange pink spinel 1.jpg

orange pink spinel 2.jpg

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Love the new one :) My kinda shade. Very pretty!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really love the color of the first one. It's spectacular. But that's just me.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this is a very, very interesting color. And a nice cut.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both - I can't remember though I'm sure you've told us - where was the second from?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Such a difficult decision !!!
They are both lovely in their own way... :love: :cheeky: :love:

kt

Shiny_Rock
Well, I think i'm keeping both :Up_to_something:

The second, larger spinel is actually this interesting pinky-orange shade with shades of peach sometimes, too (I hate to say "pad" but it does remind me!), and is precision cut so the sparkle is awesome. I have probably taken dozens of photos and can't seem to get it but I love how it's very unusual. I'm thinking of a yellow or rose gold setting, either a halo or something with design (bezel or whatever) that butts up right against the stone to help close it in some and darken it - i'm open to any design ideas!!

The dimensions are 9 x 6.8 and it's over 2 cts, I got it from an Etsy vendor who is a total sweetheart - Rogerio @ Precision Gemstones, he answered a million questions and took extra photos etc. I would highly reco!

I'm still working on the first one...the vendor has been awesome in trying to see if he can help me find another one in the same color because as Athena said, the color is amazing. I may still send it to Daniel M at the same time so they can see if the setting of the ring I like will "hide" the inclusion because of the bezel. Ideally, i'd like to get an eye-clean stone be/c I feel like the open pavilion will let the bubble show, but i'm waiting to the end of the week to see what turns up. I've flip-flopped incredibly on this one be/c I LOVE the color - it's so intense! - but that visible bubble was eating at me.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Heee I had typed "I think you should keep both" but then I erased it !!!! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results