shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my new ring last night and i''m not sure......................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davisc02

Rough_Rock
Picked up my girlfriends diamond ring last night after 3 months of searching. Couldn't wait to see it so I unwrapped it and had it on my little finger whilst driving back home, I know its sad but I just wanted to see what it looked like. I have to say it looked pretty good whilst driving along and when I got home. However when I look from the side about a millimetre or so from the bottom of the stone there looks like theres something inside the stone like a fracture or faint line going horizontal. I purchased the stone from a reputable on-line company that has always had glowing reports on here and the other diamond chat sites.

When I originally purchased the stone I asked if it was eye-clean and got an email back saying that it was. The stone was a G, SI1, .75, EGL Ideal Plus cut with faint flouresence, scored 1.5 HCA, EGL-USA and no comments. As the stone was being shipped I contacted the seller and asked them whether the stone looked nice in the setting to which I got a reply, "I did not see it but the person setting the stone said its very lively and looks nice". Finally with the stone I got a verification report which confirmed G, SI, .75, the measurements and said the "stone is in perfect condition. The cutlet is neither abraded nor chipped"

My question is what is this i'm seeing or am I being paranoid. Sometimes when I look at it I think its a reflection or the way its cut but other times it looks like a flaw of some kind. If it is a flaw it seems very big and I can definately see it without a loupe. If it is a flaw I will be extremely upset as the company in question should have known this and its not like I didn't ask. I know your going to say take it to an independant appraiser which I will but I can't do this until Tuesday/Wednesday morning and its really getting to me. I don't want to mention the companys name yet as I may be wrong, can anyone put my mind at rest?

Thanks

IMG_0042a.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woah that is a huge picture. I would resize and upload again.

Sounds like you are seeing a reflection of the girdle, this is pretty common.
1.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
I am not an expert....it may be girdle reflection

Check out this thread

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/girdle-reflection.3285/

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow..What a huge Picture...

It might very well be a reflection of the girdle since your looking at the stone through the side...

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hee Hee...We must of all hit submit at once..
appl.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Great minds think alike...

The thread I posted has great pics of girdle reflection...

davisc02

Rough_Rock
Jeez, don't know what happened there with the picture but not sure how to change, I can edit the text.

That must be the quickest response to any question posted, many thanks. I have had a migraine all day thinking about it and already I feel 100% better!!! The picture in the link that Diane posted is identical to the one I have.

Thanks again everyone, i'll let you know how the proposal goes.

Regards

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Does it look like these? If so, no worries, it's just reflection as has been suggested!
loopy.gif

horizcrack.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Pic's DiamondEx....
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results