shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my e-ring design!! Feedback? (Pear, RG&WG, Victorian)

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies and gents!

I used PS to do a lot of research on my e-ring design and so excited to show you the final design!

Center Stone: Pear cut, H color, SI1, 1.02 carat

Ring Design Details:
- Floral halo with white diamonds
- White gold prongs, white gold halo & setting
- Rose gold shank with white diamonds

I'm a rose gold girl - never worn silver in my life! So it was important to me that the ring was rose gold.
However, diamonds just look so good in white metals. So after a lot of research, I decided to go for a white gold halo and prongs, and leave the rest of the ring in rose gold.

I have the weekend to come up with any feedback to go back to the jeweler with - any thoughts?
I'm completely blinded by excitement, so can't think of any myself! Help! :)

screen_shot_2016-01-15_at_12.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Got my e-ring design!! Feedback? (Pear, RG&WG, Victorian

I think it looks great and I really think your are wise to keep the halo in white metal. I like some contrast with the rose gold! The profile is really nice, too!

VaesAndalus

Rough_Rock

its gorgeous and i think you'll be very happy!!

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Thanks guys! I have two days to respond back with some feedback/edits so please feel free to suggest any!! Need your help :)

hayzing

Rough_Rock

Wow, that's beautiful!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love the whole design. Except the S's int he profile. I'd have them change that to something else.

hayzing

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1452834325|3976235 said:
I love the whole design. Except the S's int he profile. I'd have them change that to something else.
LOL! I'm a guy that knows absolutely nothing, but that was my favorite part T_T

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think if they can they should lower the whole gallery area make it squatter. It sits really high up right now.

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Thanks all! I do think the setting is too high. Will point that out!!

Another worry is if the design is too intricate to be functional. Will it get dirty everyday with the use of lotion, etc?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful design, but it does look a little too high. I really love the mixed metal aspect which should look gorgeous when completed! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rosegoldjess said:

Another worry is if the design is too intricate to be functional. Will it get dirty everyday with the use of lotion, etc?

It's gorgeous. And yes, it will get dirty everyday if you slather lotion between your hands. :(sad Also, if you plan on wearing a wedding band, you'll need a spacer to avoid the band from damaging the melee on your e-ring. Whether or not it's functional for you depends on your lifestyle and how careful you are with it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would tell them to " lower the head and make it more low profile and change the 'S' design in the gallery to something else, also if possible make it so that a flush fit STRAIGHT wedding band can sit next to it."

Personally. But it is really almost there. :wavey:

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

JDDN|1452926866|3976699 said:
rosegoldjess said:

It's gorgeous. And yes, it will get dirty everyday if you slather lotion between your hands. :(sad Also, if you plan on wearing a wedding band, you'll need a spacer to avoid the band from damaging the melee on your e-ring. Whether or not it's functional for you depends on your lifestyle and how careful you are with it.

Oooh, haven't thought that far ahead. Thank you - I'll most definitely point this out.

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1452933390|3976708 said:
I would tell them to " lower the head and make it more low profile and change the 'S' design in the gallery to something else, also if possible make it so that a flush fit STRAIGHT wedding band can sit next to it."

Personally. But it is really almost there. :wavey:

Thanks for your great advice as always Gypsy!

alamana

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There's no way I can draw this, but there is something missing in the profile view. I like the S's, but they usually are in an angular area and there is a strut or gallery that supports the halo. As it is now, the S's are just kind of there not attached to anything. I didn't think about it hard enough on my first look! Going to try to find pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All I can do is post a few profiles of halos to show you that they usually are supported by more than just that triangular element you have in the center. The first one is a large halo, but you get the idea that the halo has a gallery supporting it and then the S's are still tucked into the sides. Second on is a round halo by Caysie van Bebber.

ovalsapphirehalo5.jpg

cvbcasa2.jpg

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

I LOVE the details on the second ring photo!! Thanks so much! Going to show this to my jeweler!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Keep in mind that unless he makes that lower part that sits on the finger high (at least 2.2mm) a flush fit wedding band is not possible with that second example that DS posted for you. So while I think it's beautiful as inspiration. Your lady will still likely want a STRAIGHT band that sits flush with her engagement ring and that should be part of the design.

On the current sketch it looks like there are diamonds on that part of the gallery. I would have those removed. You don't want those rubbing against the wedding band. Just some lovely hand engraving there is a much better choice.

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1453103398|3977438 said:
Keep in mind that unless he makes that lower part that sits on the finger high (at least 2.2mm) a flush fit wedding band is not possible with that second example that DS posted for you. So while I think it's beautiful as inspiration. Your lady will still likely want a STRAIGHT band that sits flush with her engagement ring and that should be part of the design.

On the current sketch it looks like there are diamonds on that part of the gallery. I would have those removed. You don't want those rubbing against the wedding band. Just some lovely hand engraving there is a much better choice.

Always the wise one - Thanks so much for the advice.

I have the second meeting with the jeweler in 30 mins.

Will bring all of these issues up.

Thanks!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1452832424|3976221 said:
I think it looks great and I really think your are wise to keep the halo in white metal. I like some contrast with the rose gold! The profile is really nice, too!

+1

Pretty!

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Thanks all!

The sketch has been revised as per your helpful comments and we will be in production soon!

Will post photos when I get the ring.

Thanks so much! :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Psyched to see it in person. Well, via the Internet ;-)

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Received the ring!!!

img_10714.jpg

img_10715.jpg

img_10716.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

beautiful! :love: i just love the touch of WG with the RG. Such a feminine design, would love to see some close ups :naughty:

rosegoldjess

Rough_Rock

Thank you!!

Unfortunately, this is the best my iphone can do, but I'm looking fwd to taking some proper photos with better lighting!!

img_10730.jpg

img_10731.jpg

img_10732.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

i think this is one of the most feminine designs i've seen, absolutely lovely! :drool: Try some shots in the car! (not while driving of course!)

Downsy

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is lovely! I know you will enjoy wearing it. :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Looks lovely on your hand. I always get good pics in the car and I am a TERRIBLE photographer. Are you happy with it? I'd love pictures of the underside and profile too.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Loving this ring so much!!! Unique but totally wearable and feminine as others have said. It is beautiful!!! I also vote for more shots. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results