shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my Blue Sapphire stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
So, I wanted to report that I got my beautiful blue sapphire stone.

I contacted all of the vendors mentioned here in an effort to find the stone I needed/wanted - and in the timeline I needed it. In the end, I ended up going with gemsny.com as they were the only ones, literally, that had exactly what I wanted in cut, treatment, carats, color, etc. It was not an easy find. I tried everyone, no one had it. Vishnu of gemsny.com was simply great. I found 2-3 stones on the site I would consider, called them, and he pulled everyone out, looked at them, heard what I wanted, and helped me decide on the very best stone for my needs. Answered all my questions, and had the stone to me the next day! Awesome. Great price, great service, great warranties and guarantees. For example, I live right near GIA in CA and want to have it verified as untreated even though they provide a 3rd party cert from Tokyo Labs that already states that - which I know is not 100% accepted by people. So, they said if it does not pass as what they & the lab claims, they will take it back no worries. Nice to see they put their money where their mouth is.

In the end, I purchased a 1.70 carat, blue sapphire, kashmir color blue (more royal), untreated/heated, 3rd part cert, Ceylon origin, round cut at about 6.86x6.86mm, 100% eye clean with a diamond rating he gave of VS1. And I feel very good about what I got being a total newbie with only web knowledge.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! try the attach button again.. we''d loooooove photos
31.gif

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
Here is 1 shot of the stone. I am not great at this for photos, but this should give the point I hope :)

spkg101.jpg

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
Now.. the setting...

Some of you can read about my saga with another ring designer I posted about elsewhere. (no reason to rehash that here.) In the end, Boone Titanium Rings hooked me up! I did not find them until after my saga, wish I had before. I picked an awesome tensions setting - Helixx - with the matching Helixx Companion. Custom made for me in nice satin 6/4 titanium. AND, to boot, he did it in a fraction of the time (literally like 3-4 days versus 6-8 weeks quoted by the other) and more affordably. Great customer service, email answering, call question answering, speed and geez, cannot recommend the guy more highly.

I love the idea of a custom selected stone in a custom made for me ring/setting the way I want it done. I have never been a 1 size fits all, buy off the shelf kind of guy. I customize everything from my bicycles to cars to clothing. SO it stands to reason a ring and stone to my spec would be the ONLY way for me to go.

Wow, that is wicked fast turn around. AND the boxes he provides are just as nifty and high quality. I am very impressed.

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
here is 1 of the Helixx + The Helixx Companion

kgpp1.jpg

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
Helixx Companion alone

kgpp2.jpg

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
side by each in nice nice ring boxes

kgpp4.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL sapphire and I love the Helix set!! That''s so great!

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
thanks!

best part is.. she has no idea what exactly is coming. And, she will be finding out while we are on a trip to Italy..

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
this is truely stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice sapphire!!! I have to ask you, though, did she give input to let you know this is the type setting she prefers?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and very cool ring!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it. I think its the type of ring that you know she won''t see on someone else! I hope she loves it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone!

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 4:54:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Nice sapphire!!! I have to ask you, though, did she give input to let you know this is the type setting she prefers?

yes.. of course.. but I did it in a very surreptitious way over many months.
2.gif

That being said, my girl is the kind of girl that will be 100x happier knowing I found something I liked and had it made and that is what she is wearing. essentially, she has no needs/wants/desires/ I gotta haves in that area... just whatever I envision she is cool with as she much happier of the effort going. THAT is one reason why I want to marry her.. it is not about the ring per se, but about what went into it

Jeff Spicoli

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 6:54:00 AM
Author: Maisie
I really like it. I think its the type of ring that you know she won''t see on someone else!

exactly.. and that is very important for me, and her to a degree. I never do anything by the book or directly off the shelve or follow the norms and conventions, which is one of the attributes she likes about me, so how could I do it with a ring. For example, I am not a diamond person. no way, no how. I approached it from a look and feel I wanted to see come to life and then (1) what would fit into that concept and (2) who could make it for me. in the end, the ring style set the standard for size of stone for example as you cannot fit just any size stone in that setting. but, I knew I wanted a certain type of stone and color presentation - the awesome blue against the satin silver makes a great modern combo - and I knew I wanted a modern strong light material - like titanium.. and this is it.. just what I saw and I know she will love it when she sees it.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I love your rings! They are awesome and unique!I am sure that your FF will adore them!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Very cool!

cmarie

Rough_Rock
Awesome!! No one else will have anything like it. I''ve always loved those spiral-type tension settings. :) (DH has never gotten on board...he always says the gem looks like it''s about to fall out, haha)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 9:55:10 PM
Author: Jeff Spicoli

Date: 9/14/2008 6:54:00 AM
Author: Maisie
I really like it. I think its the type of ring that you know she won't see on someone else!

exactly.. and that is very important for me, and her to a degree. I never do anything by the book or directly off the shelve or follow the norms and conventions, which is one of the attributes she likes about me, so how could I do it with a ring. For example, I am not a diamond person. no way, no how. I approached it from a look and feel I wanted to see come to life and then (1) what would fit into that concept and (2) who could make it for me. in the end, the ring style set the standard for size of stone for example as you cannot fit just any size stone in that setting. but, I knew I wanted a certain type of stone and color presentation - the awesome blue against the satin silver makes a great modern combo - and I knew I wanted a modern strong light material - like titanium.. and this is it.. just what I saw and I know she will love it when she sees it.
I agree that she will love it because of all the time and effort you have put into it. You have given it a lot of thought and I think thats wonderful. I watched a man buy an engagement ring on his lunch break. He looked at about two rings, said 'which one do you like' (to me) and then said 'yeah that will do then'... I was really stunned that he didn't at least take some time over it!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What a cool set...beautiful stone too!
2.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure she''ll love all the thought you put into her cool ring!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Jeff,

I think your rings are absolutely fantastic - and I am no lover of sapphires, nor round stones. Truly, I have never seen a set like this and I have been all over the net since Christmas looking for the perfect stone and the perfect setting for a new ER to commemorate 15 years of wedded bliss.

I am in awe of your efforts, if only my DH put in a fraction of the effort you have expended I would truly be in heaven.

AND you are going to surprise your girlfriend on a trip to Italy!!! Amazing!

Just on the off chance, she turns you down - walk my way I would worship you forever!!

Congratulations, be very proud of yourself.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice rings! The colour of the sapphire is great and looks pretty with the greyish of the titanium.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Jeff,

Please post hand shots once you have given them to your lady .....

...and tell us the story of how you gave them to her.

What a guy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results