shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my BGD e-ring in time for New Year's (pre-proposal)

ranger2000

Rough_Rock
The good people at Brian Gavin did a great job in helping me purchase a stone from a 3rd party manufacturer and have it set in time for New Year's Eve. I received the e-ring on the 29th and I'm very excited for the 31st.

The stone is a 0.99 G VS1, GIA Ex, HCA 1.0 and the setting is the BGD Tiffany Style Half Round in platinum. I found an old elephant ring box to use to pop the question because she loves animals...

Dime_1.jpg

Dime_2.jpg

Dime_3.jpg

Dime_4.jpg

Dime_5.jpg

Dime_6.jpg

I'll try to get some hand pictures once the initial excitement dies down. Then I may need to start asking PS questions about insurance...

Thanks for the help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! :love: And lucky you to find a .99! Good luck with your proposal!

It's too late to do anything about it now since it is the weekend, but you need to be calling about insurance Monday morning! (or Tues. if they are closed Mon.)

A lot of people here use Jeweler's Mutual.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone and setting are gorgeous! I love the elephant ring box. :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and classic ring!! I love the cute ring box too.

Best of luck with the proposal!

Too cute! And the ring looks lovely, she will be thrilled!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, Ranger! :love: :love: Classic, elegant, sophisticated.... all wrapped up in a cute gray elephant box!!! LOVE the box!!! :appl:
Good luck tonight on the proposal - please send hand shots when you can!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Great choice, it is a very beautiful ring.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful! Love the elephant box! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, classic ring! I love the little elephant box, too. Congratulations on a great ring, and good luck tonight with the proposal (so exciting!)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! beautiful ring! and i love the ring box :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful classic ring! And at the perfect size.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Good luck tonight!!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Very lucky on the 0.99ct part and it was definitely a brilliant rock.. Nice

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring - I think you made an excellent choice! Good luck with your proposal - what a great New Year's Eve it will be!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
That box is just the cutest thing!!! And of course the ring inside is beautiful ;-) Good luck with proposal--can't wait to hear the story and see handshots!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful and classic.. :appl: :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It`s perfect!

The elephant box is a very nice touch. Best of luck with the proposal!

Cachette :))

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it and the box is too cute.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
handshots???????????????? :naughty:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, so gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty, wonderful choice!! :love: Love the ring box too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely! I love a classic setting!

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
I feel heartache when I saw this post.

Here is my story:

I ordered half-round from BGD and they made a mistake and I got a tiffany-knife. They said would send me a label to ship the ring back, but every time, the label didn't arrive next day as promised for unknown reasons. Meantime, I was in struggling to buy another stone at the same time. Since I never saw half-round in person, and the knife looked ok, I was also tried to make my mind for shipping the ring back. They said it's not in a hurry to make my mind for exchanging the setting. Then one of my family members got stroke, my life suddenly in chaos. When all settle down, I contacted BDG, I was told since I wore it a few months, the setting got scratched, I could only get around $130 for my setting as scrap. :(sad

So I ended up with this knife setting which I didn't choose at 1st place. And since I was forced to accept it unless I would spend another >$1300 to get half-round, I became less like this setting every day.

Comparing all online stores I tried, Bluenile is more professional. You pay one-way shipping for changing setting, and the stone (or with new setting) ship back to you free. WF charged me $40 to send my stone back when I spent only $20 shipping one earring to them to remove a setting. BDG, I have mixing feeling. I should admit that I didn't make decision fast enough since I have no trouble to return a setting back to Bluenile before after one or two weeks of wearing and they said I didn't need to make decision immediately. But it seems I am the loser at the end because of mistake they made.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice find! (both stone and box :appl:) And hope all went well!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! I think this is my absolute favorite solitaire setting! Gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and ring. The ring box is very cute.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ranger2000, thanks for posting the ring pictures. It is very pretty. Congrats!

I have put my story in another post since I don't think it should be under this happy thread. But I could not edit the reply. Sorry about that.

ranger2000

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks so much for all the great feedback! There's no way I would have found such a great stone without the help of PS in the first place, so a huge thank you again to all of you for being so knowledgeable and considerate.

The proposal went incredibly well on New Year's Eve and she said YES, so we've already started some intense wedding planning.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post it, but here's the proposal story:

She had to work all New Year's weekend (early mornings) so she was stuck at home on New Year's Eve getting ready for bed at about 9pm. I called her at 8:45pm to say goodnight, because I was about to "head to a party in the city with friends." The city is about 30 minutes from where she lives. 2 minutes later, I pulled up to her place in my car and rang her doorbell in a 3 piece suit. She answered in her pajamas completely shocked, and I told her that I just happened to be in the area. I had her throw on a coat and shoes so she could come for a ride in my car. Once in the car, I blindfolded her and drove around for about 10 minutes (while she told me about her day, still really excited/nervous) until we ended up back at a big park only 1 block from her place. The whole area was still decorated with Christmas lights, gingerbread houses, candy canes, sleighs, and all sorts of other holiday essentials. In the center of the park is a large fountain, which gets covered during the holidays by a beautiful Christmas tree. Still blindfolded, I helped her out of the car and walked her through the park, over to the tree in the center. When I took the blindfold off, I handed her a dozen roses and let her take a look around. She knew immediately where we were and couldn't believe it. After a minute or so, I took the flowers and put them down, held her hands, and gave what I thought was a pretty phenomenal speech (although she says she can't remember anything I said). I wrapped it up by dropping to a knee and popping the question, to which she responded "Yes, of course." I put the ring on her finger and it fit perfectly. She did some jumping up and down and screaming and I couldn't have pictured it any better. Plus, she LOVED the elephant ring box.

I have a couple handshots! Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to get a hold of her hand with my decent camera to get good photos, so for now I only have two simple iPhone shots from New Year's Eve. I hope to get some better ones in the next couple of days... I'll try not to keep you all waiting too long for higher quality pictures.

Handshot%201%20(Small).jpg

Handshot%202%20(Small).jpg

She said the ring is exactly what she wanted, if not better, so I'm ecstatic about how it all played out. Many thanks to Brian Gavin and Pricescope for helping me through the process!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh it looks just perfect on her hand!!! and the proposal sounds fantastic :) many congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results